Wednesday, August 4, 2010

BACK TO SCHOOL


How can it possibly be Back To School time already? Where did Summer go? Well, I don't know about where you live, but in Mississippi, summer hasn't gone anywhere. It's LONG, HOT heat and humidity are making it's presence known louder than ever. But that doesn't mean it's not time for Back To School.

Back To School's always a little bittersweet, isn't it? On one hand there's regret to see the freedom of summer vacation end. On the other hand, there's renewed excitement about a fresh beginning.

Lord, I pray for the protection of my grandchildren in the classroom, on the playground, and in the carpool. Watch over their coming and going, and watch over them while they are on campus. Give them wisdom and discernment and help them keep alert to danger.

I pray for the right friends to come into their lives at the proper time. Give them godly, like-minded friends, and may they be a good influence on one another.

Help my grandchildren apply themselves well in their studies and use the talents you have given them to their full potential.

Lord, I pray that their lives will always glorify you. In Jesus' name. Amen

[taken from "Grandma, I Need Your Prayers" by Quin Sherrer & Ruthanne Garlock]




2 comments:

Kay Barnes Martin said...

I'm praying similar things for my grandchildren too. It was a very short summer "vacation"!!!

Kay Barnes Martin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.