One day last week my morning devotional was from Mark 9. . .The story of the father who came to Jesus on behalf of his demon possessed son and said, "...if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us." Jesus answered him, "If you can! All things are possible for one who believes." Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe, help my unbelief!"
As I journaled my prayer that morning, the Lord brought some of the many times and many situations when I've echoed that father's plea "Lord, I believe. Help thou my unbelief!" to my mind. I thought about how often I have lacked a measure of faith. I asked God to forgive me for any unbelief that places "limits" on His power at work in my life. I asked him to give me more faith ... to give me BOLD faith.
Later that day I went to our local LifeWay bookstore to get a book I planned to use in my devotional times for these six weeks before Christmas. When the cashier bagged my purchase she commented, "I put a little Christmas ornament we're giving away today in your bag." I thanked her and thought no more of it. In fact, I totally FORGOT it! So, when I got home and took my book from the LifeWay bag I was a little surprised there was still something in the bottom of the bag. I reached my hand in and pulled out a little white pillow style ornament with gold piping around the edge that forms a loop at the top. It had a pretty gold tassle on the bottom. On the front of the ornament boldly embroidered in glorious gold lettering was the word Faith. I stood looking at it for a moment and then I just cracked up laughing. My husband (who often thinks I've lost what little is left of my feeble mind) wanted to know what was so funny. I held up the ornament for him to see and said, "I asked the Lord this morning to give me more faith. This just wasn't quite what I had in mind!" ROFLOL
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment