"The deliverer will come from Zion,
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob."
Romans 11:26
Good morning, my precious Abba! This is Your beloved child, Beverly.
Oh how I love You, Lord. I am so immensely grateful for the sense of welcome I feel in Your presence!
Truly - TRULY - You are my DELIVERER! I shudder to think where I would be without You. You redeemed me from my sin and have been my HOPE since my youth, O Sovereign Lord. (Ps. 71:5) You continually deliver me today. Your deliverance is multi-faceted. Thank You for the fact that delivering me is a never-ending work on your part. Oh, precious Savior, it is incredibly comforting and very humbling to me to know that You will never give up on me. I praise You for Your great faithfulness. I praise You for the awesome power of Your deliverance. There is nothing of the world, my flesh or the evil one strong enough to withstand Your deliverance.
The devotional reading this morning highlighted six definitions of deliverance:
First, "deliver" means to set free or save from evil or danger. You have set me free from the bondage of depression which the evil one used so powerfully in my life for so many years. That's such an overwhelming deliverance for me, Lord, that I don't even know how to adequately thank You. With gratitude and humility I ask You to anoint me daily with the oil of gladness. May I wear a beautiful garment of praise? Revive me, O God, that I might REJOICE in You! Knowing Your deliverance from the evil one in my own life gives me great hope for deliverance for others who are being assaulted (influenced) by the evil one's power.
Second, "deliver" means to assist a woman at the birth of an offspring. Lord, You promised to birth Psalm 34:3 in my family and You are GLORIOUSLY in the process of fulfilling that promise. But there are some for whom I'm still waiting expectantly. I love the author's wording in the devotional and ask You to "give me a spirit of travail for these - scriptures to pray for them - that I might push forth that victory from the womb of the invisible into the realm of reality."
Third, "deliver" means to give forth or express in words, as in delivering a speech. Thank You for the opportunity You gave me this morning to share my heart with Dennis. Since I had dumped such a load of my depression on him the day he flew me to Cape Hatteras, it meant SO much to me to get to tell him of Your goodness, deliverance, and multiplied blessings in my life. Thank You for the blessing this sweet son-in-law is to me! Thank You, Father, for the opportunity to share Bible study this summer with my precious Hillary! Thank You for the blessing this beautiful granddaughter is to me!
Fourth, "deliver" means to give, hand over, or transfer, as in delivering a message. You have given me specific words of encouragement several times lately at church and then provided the opportunity to deliver those words. It has made me feel a "connectedness" again in the body of believers. Thank You for using me that way. Help me listen for Your instructions and be obedient in delivering Your word(s). You, my Deliverer, bring me words of encouragement every day from Your word and the devotional material You've placed in my hands. Help me hear Your choice for what Bible study I need to begin next.
Fifth, "deliver" means to send forth, such as a well delivers oil or water. You instilled in my nature a "spirit of excellence." Striving to do my best in whatever I do is not something I have to purpose. It's almost instinctive. BUT, Lord, I need You to daily help me keep that spirit yielded to You in moderation. I can easily find myself enslaved to perfectionism and crippled by its bondage. Be my Deliverer. Also, Lord, deliver me from being critical of those who are satisfied with mediocrity!
Finally, "deliver" means to strike a blow, as in delivering a punch. Help me stand strong today in your armor, Lord. May my praise of You so abound that it knocks down the evil one's assaults at every turn.
"Let the anointing of Your Holy Spirit break my every bond and set my spirit free to serve Your holy purpose and worship Your holy name - My Deliverer, Mighty Jesus!" (p.156)
No comments:
Post a Comment