In "Firming Up Your Flabby Faith," a study of the book of James, Vicki Lake writes:
When I approach God's Word each day during my quiet time, I pray, "Lord, I come empty today. What do You want to teach me from Your Word?" I then look for peace. Peace for me is spelled as follows:
P - Promises to claim;
E - Examples to follow or not follow;
A - Attitudes to possess or not possess;
C - Commands to obey;
E - Enlargement of my thoughts of God.
God has been so faithful to teach me and give me peace from His Word!
I can't remember where I came across this second acrostic but I've had it written in my prayer notebook for a long time. One of my favorite ways to pray for others is for God to BLESS them.
- Body - blessings for health, protection, strength
- Labor - blessings on work and ministry
- Emotional - joy, peace, hope
- Social - relationships, family, friends
- Spiritual - salvation, faith, grace
May you find PEACE in God's Word today and may He BLESS you in accordance with His riches in Christ Jesus!
1 comment:
I love both acrostics! Kay
Post a Comment