Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Heard My Father Say

Have you heard what Your Heavenly Father wants to say to you lately? Nothing is more important nor more precious in a believer's life than the Father's voice. The following is a little exercise I had my Sunday School class do a few weeks ago. I thought you might find it meaningful too. Insert your name in the blank before every statement. Think about what God is saying. Meditate on the fact that He is saying it to YOU! You may even want to go so far as to personalize these verses in your Bible by writing your name beside or in them. I have!




I heard my Father say . . .

____________, I love you with an everlasting love.
(Jeremiah 31:3 I have loved you with an everlasting love ...)

____________, You are my child.
(John 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God -)


____________, I call you by name.
(Isaiah 43:1 But now, this is what the Lord says – he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name, you are mine.
Isa.49:1 Before I was born the Lord called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name.
Isa. 49:16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands ….
I know you, and I’m familiar with all your ways. My thoughts toward you are precious. They outnumber the grains of sand.
Psalm 139:15-18 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. … )


____________, I am for you. Who can be against you?
(Romans 8:31 If God is for us, who can be against us?)


_____________, I have placed my hand upon you.
(Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isa. 43:13 From ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand.
Isa. 49:2 . . . in the shadow of his hand he hid me . . .
Isa. 51:16 I have put my words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of my hand
Jeremiah 18:6 O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does" declares the Lord. Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand. )

____________, Nothing can separate you from my love.
(Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.)


____________, Rest in my love.
(Matthew 11:28-29 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
1 John 3:19 . . . set our hearts at rest in his presence . . . )



____________, Do not be anxious about anything.
(Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.)


____________, You please me by having faith.
(Hebrews 11:6 Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.)


____________, With Me, all things are possible.
(Jeremiah 32:27 I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?
Mark 10:27 . . . all things are possible with God.)


____________, I will teach you and instruct you. I will guide you with my eye.
(Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.)


____________, I am your provider.
(Genesis 22:14 So Abraham called that place The Lord will provide …
Philippians 4:19 God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. )


____________, Nothing that is good will be withheld from you.
(Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.)


____________, I will bless you and make you a blessing.
(Genesis 12:2 [to Abraham] I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.
Proverbs 10:7 The memory of the righteous will be a blessing
Galatians 3:14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might received the promise of the Spirit.)



____________, I am your shield and protector.
(Deuteronomy 33:29 Blessed are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord? He is your shield and helper and your glorious sword.
2 Samuel 22:31 . . .He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
Psalms 3:3; 5:12; 7:10; 18:2, 30, 35; 28:7; 33:20; 84:11; 91:4; 115:9-11; 119:114; 144:2 )


_____________, You will dwell in my house forever.
(Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.)

No comments: