Monday, September 21, 2009

Anointed, Appointed, and Angels Attending

It's hard to believe it's been almost a month since I posted here. I miss being able to "muse" and share my thoughts via the blogosphere. When I started my SS Class Blog last month, I wondered how badly it would cut into the time I had for personal blogging. It has certainly done that ... but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's been such a good way for class members to keep current with the study when they have to be out. I was hoping it would open dialogue between the group as well - but so far that hasn't materialized to any great extent. We'll see. We're going to keep "marching on" for a while and just see where the Lord takes it.

For me personally, the Lord has taken me to some very interesting places in my spiritual journey over the last few weeks. Last week was one of the hardest I've spent in a LONG time. A very real and intense spiritual battle raged every single day.

Literally.

By Friday, I was weary enough to crawl right up beside Elijah under the broom tree and cry out, "I have had enough Lord." (1 Kings 19:4) For Elijah, God sent an angel to tell him to get up and eat. And then He sent ravens to bring him food. God sent me an angel too. My angel was a friend with a text message that said, "Remember, you are an anointed and appointed child of God. Read these scriptures." Then she fed me the spiritual food I needed: James 1:3-4, James 1:12, James 5:11, Matthew 10:22, Matthew 24:13, Luke 8:15, Colossians 1:11, Hebrews 12:1 and 1 Peter 2:20.

Sunday morning, God sent another angel to strengthen me. A precious sister in Christ, who happens to be one of the most humble and committed intercessors I've ever known, came into my SS class early - when only one or two others were there. She drew me into a hug and whispered a message of affirmation into my ear that was so timely and so precious my spirit received it as coming straight from the lips of God.

Oh, the matchless grace of God.

Amazing.

Abundant.

Awesome.

All-sufficient.

God has used the following quote to speak a healing balm to my spirit in the last few days. May it minister to you as well:

"To inoculate me from the praise of man,
He baptized me in the criticism of man,
Until I died to the control of man."
(Francis Frangipane, Exposing the Accuser of the Brethern)


Remember today my friends - whatever challenge or spiritual battle you may be facing - YOU are an anointed and appointed child of God! HE is the only one you have to please.

1 comment:

echapman said...

I know you spend alot of time getting the SS lesson on the blog site and I appreciate so very much it helps me to absorb what we've went over in class, sorry I don't comment much but only for lack of time, I am trying so hard to say no to some things.