Beth Moore's final teaching at the So Long, Insecurity simulcast stated that we are women who are EXCEPTIONAL IN LIFE. When I wrote about that yesterday, it occurred to me that most of us have real difficulty believing we are exceptional women. Yet, that's exactly what God says we are.
If we currently believe that we are NOT exceptional and God says we ARE, then I ask you, girlfriends, aren't we believing a lie? I mean, surely you don't think you know more than God does, do you? If we are believing a lie [in this case, that we are not exceptional], then can't we apply those four R's I seem to have been preaching for the last six weeks.
- Let's recognize we're believing a lie
- Let's replace the lie with God's truth
- Let's rehearse that truth daily
- Let's renew our minds
It is a medically proven fact that the messages that are repeated most frequently in our minds form dominant neuron pathways. The more frequent the message, the more dominant the pathway will be. The more dominant the pathway, the more that message becomes our subconscious belief. And you know what our beliefs do . . . they determine our behavior! Would you like to live like an EXCEPTIONAL WOMAN. Then believe you are one!
Some of you may be asking, "Now wait just a minute, Bevo, are you forgetting all that stuff you said last week about pride? How can I believe I'm exceptional without being prideful?"
I'm so glad you asked. I can hardly wait to tell you how . . . Here's the truth. You are NOT exceptional because of yourself. And neither am I. Not by ANY stretch of the imagination! That would, indeed, lead to pride.
We are exceptional because of Jesus. We are exceptional because we are IN Him and His Spirit lives IN us. Did I tell you that yesterday? Well, it bears repeating. Because it's Jesus that makes us exceptional, that removes all semblance of pride, girlfriends. It's all about HIM and who we are in Him! And that, my sweet sisters, deserves a big fat HALLELUJAH!!
Join me for the rest of this month and we'll rehearse DAILY who we are in Jesus and how that makes us exceptional.
1 comment:
Yes, we are exceptional because of Him!! Of course, when I don't feel eceptional, I know it is because I have my focus in the wrong place (on myself instead of on Him). Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment