Thursday, September 2, 2010

PRAYING thru PHILIPPIANS

Our Sunday School class begins our new study on the book of Philippians this week by examining the first eleven verses. I can hardly wait! I know God has so many wonderful truths to teach us from this encouraging little book.

Here's what I've been praying all week for the women in our class based on Philippians 1:1-11:

O precious Father, how I thank you for each of the women in our class and for the joy of being able to share the study of Your Word with them each Sunday. (vv.3-5)

Thank you for beginning a good work in each of their lives. Thank you for Your Faithfulness to carry it on to completion. (v.6)

My prayer for each of these women today is that they will overflow more and more with love for others, and at the same time keep on growing in spiritual knowledge and insight. (v.9)

Father, I pray that they will always see clearly the difference between right and wrong and strive to be pure, clean, holy, and set apart for your use. (v.10)


I pray that they will always do good and kind things that show that they are Your child and that their actions will bring praise and glory to YOU alone. (v.11)

These things I pray in accordance with Your will and Your Word, and in the name of Your Son, Jesus. Amen.


I wonder if you know someone who might benefit from you praying Philippians 1: 1-11 over them today. Give it a try. There's nothing sweeter than praying God's Word back to Him.

1 comment:

Kay Barnes Martin said...

Those ladies are blessed to have you as their SS teacher!! A precious prayer to pray over them!