All you have to do is tell me something is too hard for me to understand and I'll dig in with all I've got to study and try to understand. Yep! I'm stubborn that way!When it comes to our great and awesome God, however, I have found that the more I learn about Him, the more I realize there is to learn. The good thing is - the more I learn about Him, the deeper my relationship with Him grows. And the deeper my relationship with Him grows, the greater He becomes. I have come to understand, like the psalmist, that His greatness is so vast it cannot be comprehended.
But. Oh. May I never stop trying to understand! May I never stop learning His unknowable wonders! May I never stop growing in my knowledge of Him.
The apostle Paul worded it this way in Romans 11:33:
Oh the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!
I think sometimes we fail to recognize the greatness of God because our finite minds that are so absorbed with SELF try to conform Him to our image instead of the other way around. The next time you lose sight of just how truly GREAT is the God we love and serve, read Isaiah 40:12-31!
The psalmist said that even though we cannot fully understand the greatness of our God, we are still to commend his works to the next generation. We are challenged to pass along what limited understanding we have of God to the next generation and to tell them about His mighty acts.
Each generation is to catch the praises from the last, echo them and pass them along to the next.
Notice that the psalmist did not say we were simply to teach the next generation about God's works. it says commend His works. That means we pass along our praise to the next generation by commending the attractiveness of God and what a blessing it is to be His child.
Our goal for the next generation is not heads filled with the right facts about the works of God. We want the next generation to have heads full of biblical truths that make their hearts that burn with the fire of love for God. We want the next generation to have an intensity of full devotion to Christ that explodes into unbridled praise.
Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.
One generation will commend your works to another;
they will tell of your mighty acts.
1 comment:
Enjoyed both of your new post!
Post a Comment