Saturday, October 11, 2014

The ABC's of WHO I AM

A 
 I am ABBA's child
 You received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.   Romans 8:15-16

B
I am BLESSED
 Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. Jeremiah 17:7
I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus - Eph. 1:3
I am blessed with His nearness - Ps. 65:4

I am CALLED
 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28
I am called into fellowship with His Son - 1 Corinthians 1:9
I am called to a holy life - 2 Timothy 1:9
I am called to share in His glory - 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14

I am His DISCIPLE
 If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23
By this will all men know you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:35
I can sit at His feet like Mary did.
I can serve Him like Martha did.
I can draw close to His bosom like John did.
I can follow where He leads.
I am His disciple.

E
I am EMPOWERED to obey
 He gives me the desire to yield my will for His and then gives me the strength and power to do it!

F
I am FILLED
 I am filled with good things - He has filled and satisfied the hungry with good things. Luke 1:53
I am filled with His fullness - Ephesians 3:19; Colossians 2:10
I am filled with joy - John 17:13
I am filled with knowledge of His will - Colossians 1:9
I am filled with the fruit of righteousness - Philippians 1:11
I am filled with the fruit of the Spirit - Galatians 5:22-23

G
I am GUIDED
 You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me to glory. Psalm 73:24

H
I am HEARD
 Before they call I will answer, while they are still speaking I will hear. Isaiah 65:24
For all those times I feel like no one is listening to what I say or think - Praise God. He always hears!

I
I am INDWELT
 I am indwelt by Christ Jesus - I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. John 14:20
I am indwelt by the Spirit of truth - You know the Spirit of truth, for he lives with you and will be in you. John 14:16-17

J
I am JUSTIFIED
 You were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:11

K
I am KNOWN
 For all those times I wonder if anyone understands - if anyone really even knows who I am - Praise God. I am known

L
I am LAVISHED
 I am lavished with grace - Ephesians 1:7-8
I am lavished with love - 1 John 3:1-2

M
I am MORE than a conqueror
 The circumstances of life have no power to hold me "under" their sway - I can rise above them for in Christ Jesus my Lord, I am MORE than a conqueror.

N
I am NO LONGER a slave to sin
 Romans 6:6 - my old fleshly nature was crucified with Christ so that the body of sin might be done away with. The Bondage Breaker sets me free. I no longer have to obey the desires of my flesh. I no longer live under the dominion of sin.

O
I am ONE with Him
 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. John 17:23-24
My Heavenly Father loves me as much as He loves His One and Only Son! What an awesome truth!

P
I am PRAYED for
 My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message ...John 17:20
Jesus is my Intercessor - Hebrews 7:25

Q
I am QUIETED with His love
 In days filled with anxiety, stress, and worry; oh how I need to be quieted!
Psalm 131:2 - I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.

R
I am REDEEMED
 Redeemed from the grasp of the wicked - Jeremiah 14:20-21
Redeemed from the curse of the law - Galatians 3:13
And, oh, PRAISE His holy name - I am redeemed from the pit! Psalm 103:4

S
I am SUSTAINED
 Sustained from my birth - Psalm 71:6
Sustained through all the days of my life - Like an eagle that stirs up its nest and hovers over its young, the LORD spreads His wings to catch them and carries them on his pinions. Deuteronomy 32:11
Sustained in this winter season of my life - Isaiah 46:4

T
I am THOROUGHLY equipped
 God has given me His word so that I might be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:17
He will never ask me to do something without thoroughly equipping me to do what He asks.

U
I am UNDER His wing
 Under the shelter of His wing - there is no safer place to be!

V
I am VICTORIOUS
 The battle is over. The victory has been won. Jesus defeated the final foe of sin and death. Because I am in Him, I do not fight FOR victory - but FROM victory. I am victorious in Him.

W
I am WATCHED over
 Job 12:10 You gave me life and showed me kindness, and in your providence watched over my spirit.
Psalm 121:7  The LORD will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life

X
I am eXPECTANT
 With confidant hope I expect God to work in my life. I expect to see His participating presence in all I do. I expect to see His miracles. I expect to experience His answers to my prayers.

Y
I am YIELDED
 Offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13
Daily I come before the burning altar of His presence. Everything not OF or LIKE God must be burned away. Daily I must yield my will for His will, my love for His love, my ambition for His mission.

Z
I am ZEALOUS
Titus 2:14 ... who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

No comments: