Tuesday, November 13, 2018

THANKSGIVING TREE

Any one who knows me knows that I am a Christmas junkie who lapses into overdose every December with multiple trees and every flat surface in the house looking like a garland and glitter bomb exploded. The tree my family loves the best - the one that it's "just not Christmas" without - is the one we call Families Are Forever. It's certainly not the most beautifully decorated tree you've ever seen but it means the world to us. It is filled with photo ornaments of all the Christmases of our life together.


So - what's with our family? Why is this tree so special? Are we a bunch of ego-maniacs who like to look at our own pictures? I don't think so. I think the reason this tree is so special to us is the memories that it brings back to our minds. Roy and I have so much fun decorating it and watching our children and grandchildren grow up before our eyes - reliving in our minds the antics and activities of years gone by. ALWAYS - it makes our hearts swell with gratitude for the blessings of God that have been so poured out on our family and the wonderful relationships woven like a warm blanket to protect us from the chill of the world. God is SO good!

This year we will have more family visiting at Thanksgiving than we will at Christmas so I thought it might be fun to have a small THANKSGIVING TREE in the dining room. I'm one of the few remaining purists who don't like to decorate for Christmas until AFTER Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is important enough to me not to have to share its holiday space. GRIN

I had SUCH fun creating the "ornaments" for this little tree and basked in the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, as I said "Thank You, Lord" for the 54 years Roy and I have had together - for the children and grandchildren God has blessed us with. For God's goodness and faithfulness to us these many years.

















 Thank You, Lord - You are GOOD - Your LOVE endures forever!






No comments: