Tuesday, December 4, 2018

GLITTER GALORE

See this little innocuous floral pick? Looks really innocent, doesn't it? Well, here's the problem - if it were only that one little pick things would be fine -  But I cornered the market in them. I never seemed to learn that "less is more." There are at least thirty of these picks nestled in the branches of my Christmas tree and more in every arrangement throughout the house. As a result, my whole house looks like a glitter bomb detonated! I've always liked glitz at Christmas and usually find myself still vacuuming up some runaway glitter as late as March. This year, I have a sneaky suspicion it may be summer before all the glitter is gone. Trust me - it's bad!

I'm usually a plaid and pinecone - true Christmas Red and true Christmas Green kind of decorator. This year - all that glitters IS GOLD (sorry Larry Gatlin).

I'm also infamous for putting a Christmas tree up in every room of the house. This year? TWO! Only two trees! One in the Living Room and one in the Dining Room. What's going on?  /Do you suppose I'm slipping in my old age? LOL  I think it still looks like Christmas at our house, however!

In the KITCHEN:
Breakfast table centerpiece

the Baker's Rack

the Bookcase

The MANTLE:
Lighted wreath (forgot to plug in the lights when I took this picture - LOL) with the birth names of Jesus.

Since the wreath was so "busy," the rest of the mantle needed to be pretty simple.

Also in the LIVING ROOM:
 Can you see the lovely Christmas quilt in the background? Lori made it for me and put family photos on the quilt's "tree" just like the ones I decorate with on our Families Are Forever tree. It's gorgeous! She surprised me with it when they were here at Thanksgiving.

See what I mean about the floral picks being everywhere?

 Isn't it funny the things that make Christmas "Christmas" to us?  It wouldn't be Christmas for me without hanging this simple little wreath. I change its ornamentation all the time - with the exception of the two little Hummel angels. They are so precious to me. My sweet mother-in-law had them on her Christmas tree many years ago. When I admired them, she pulled them off the tree and handed them to me. Such a special gift - and so typical of the kind of loving, giving woman she was. I sure miss her!


The Living Room tree: FAMILIES ARE FOREVER

I've written about this tree many times. It's filled with family photos of all our Christmases through the years. Always at the top of the tree is the picture of our first Christmas as a married couple and our 1964 cross-stitched ornament. On the back it says "I will never leave you nor forsake you."



Just in case they ever wonder!

Mallory & Maggie the year they came all the way from Alaska.

Hillary and Hamp

Mira and Megan - bet you couldn't make them wear matching sweaters today!

I remember taking this picture of Hallie & Race. Lisa had just dropped them off on her way to work and they were still in their little "footie" pajamas. I plopped them down under the tree, handed them each a toy and snapped a picture that turned out to be one I have loved for YEARS.

In the DINING ROOM: The Thanksgiving tree from last month made a quick and easy transition into a NATIVITY TREE. Christmas is ALL about Jesus and these are just a few of the nativity ornaments that are very special to me.










Oh what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us that we should be called the children of God. (1 John 3:1) And it's all because of Jesus - Our Savior - Our Redeemer.

No comments: