When you read stories in the Bible like the one recorded in Luke 1 about a priest named Zechariah burning incense in the temple, do you see Zechariah as a "character" in the story - as if he were a character in a fiction novel? He wasn't you know. He was a real life, flesh and blood person, just like you and me.
Here's what Beth Moore wrote about him: "He was a real man who sought to serve a real God even in the midst of unanswered prayers, mystifying disappointments, personal weakness, mundane daily rituals, and anxiety-causing responsibilities."
Relate to that for just a minute. Think about your own
- unanswered prayers
- mystifying disappointments
- personal weaknesses
- mundane daily rituals
- anxiety-causing responsibilities
We all have them, don't we? Now we must ask ourselves:
Do I, like Zechariah, seek to serve my God IN THE MIDST of these things?
I don't know about you, but way too often, IN THE MIDST of these things, I become so focused on the disappointment, or the weakness, or the responsibility, that serving myself pushes serving God into the background. Oh Father - may I praise and serve you IN THE MIDST!

No comments:
Post a Comment