Monday, August 10, 2009

August, So Far

Since I haven't posted in awhile, I thought I'd give you a quick pictorial update of what August has been for me - so far. It will help you understand why posting on my blog has taken a backseat for a few days.

August 1st I flew to Ohio to spend a week with these two precious little girls . . . granddaughters Mira and Megan . . . daughters of my son, John. They are they younger half of my four "long-distance" granddaughters and I only get to see them two or three times a year. It makes the memories of our times together all the more precious!

Megan completed her two week Safety Town course - a prerequisite for entering school in Ohio - while I was there. I got to attend her graduation on Friday. A real treat for this Gran who never gets to participate in her (or her sister's) school functions like I do for the local grandchildren. I got to see Meg sing her little songs (this one was about car seat safety) . . .

demonstrate her pedestrian skills . . .


display how to obey the rules of the road . . .


and receive her diploma! Good job, Megan!

Saturday morning, we left Ohio with an early morning outside temperature of 66 degrees. Twelve LONG hours later we arrived in Tupelo with its late afternoon temperature of 98 degrees! My sweet son had to drive for twelve hours on his 39th birthday. YUCK! His sister saved the day though and had cake and ice cream ready for us to celebrate when we got here. For some reason he thought he didn't need me to take a picture of him blowing out the candles. Spoil sport! GRIN! He says his best birthday gift was how wonderfully his daughters behaved in the car for those 12 long hours. He's right. They were champs!

First day here the Ohio girls joined their cousins in the splash fountain in downtown Tupelo.

Best buddies - cousins, Mira and Hallie. They'd only been here about an hour when Mira went to her dad and asked, "Daddy, why does Hallie keep calling me ya'll?" North, meet the South.

How are two little Ohio girls supposed to beat the Mississippi heat?

Aunt Lisa's pool, of course!

Fun times!

Race (with the goggles) hitches a ride on his big brother's back. I think the fearsome foursome came close to exhausting 16 yr old Hamp with all their pool play! Lotsa fun to be had ... but I doubt Gran will find much blog time this week. GRIN! I don't want to miss a minute of their antics.

Nothing like these sweet grandchildren. Joy personified. And - YES! I am shameless about showing them off. Shameless. Utterly. Completely. Shameless!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So precious!! Glad you are home. Kay