Saturday, August 15, 2009

Busy Days, Brain Drain and Brand New Blogs

Siblings times two equalled a total of four grandchildren at our house all day EVERY day this week. Count 'em folks. One 5 year old. Two 6 year olds. One 7 year old. That's one kindergartner, two first graders, and one second grader for those of you who are actually picturing this scene. Three girls. One boy. Cousins!

Boy did that make for some BUSY DAYS!

We painted SpongeBob Square-pants

and other lovely designs


on the driveway.

We rode around the yard with Grandaddy

on his four wheeler.
Don't they look angelic all lined up and smiling? Wouldn't you think it would be lovely to have a studio portrait of all four of them together that Gran could look at to remember all our fun times?
That's what I thought when I loaded them up and headed to the local Walmart photography studio by myself. My dear friends, that may not have been the WORST decision I have ever made in my life - but it would certainly be a close SECOND!! Somewhere between home and Walmart the halos fell off and at least three pair of horns began to sprout. I will spare you the gory details.
BRAIN DRAIN?? Oh yes! More like a brain about to explode! I had such a headache when that fiasco was over, I came home, handed them over to John (even the two that weren't his), took two Tylenol and went to bed! Are you laughing at me? Shame on you! Not all grandparenting moments are loads of fun - but we sure love these little characters all the same, don't we!


NOW - for the BRAND NEW BLOG . . . . Ta da Ta da Ta da (trumpet flare)
This is the logo for the new blog for my Sunday School class. We plan to use it to review and reflect on what we're studying in SS, pray for each other, and publicize announcements. BUT - you are welcome to join us there any time you'd like. Currently, we are using Jennifer Rothschild's book Self Talk, Soul Talk as a springboard for the series of lessons we will study in August and September. It's a great little book with LOTS of important biblical truths we can apply to our daily lives. I'm hoping the women in my class will actively comment so we can have some good discussions as we learn and grow from one another. Come join us - in SS (Hope Church Tupelo, Sunday mornings @ 9:15, Women's Ministry room) or on the blog.







No comments: