Saturday, November 7, 2009

YES, LORD! YES!

Meditate on this prayer. Perhaps you, like me, will find your heart crying out "Yes, Lord! YES!"

Lord Jesus, You said that the pure in heart will see God. Purify me, O Lord. Cleanse me of double-mindedness. Deliver me from selfishness and pride.

Lord, I know that in Your earthly life You only did those things You saw the Father do. Create in me those restraints that crucify my instinctive reactions; release me from the captivity of self-preservation. Deliver me from all pursuits except following You. Establish deep in my life the fire of Your glory. Amen

taken from: The Shelter of the Most High, by Francis Frangipane, p.70

2 comments:

Kay Barnes Martin said...

Yes, LORD! Yes! Amen

His Doorkeeper said...

This reminds me of "Create in me a clean heart, O Lord and renew a right spirit within me".

Beverly, you surely will have your hands full with TWO 7 year olds! Whew! Better take your vitamins! Quick!!

We just got home tonight with Harper and I bathed her and now she is sleeping and i have the monitor right here beside me. She has been so precious! Now, how do I get us all dressed and ready for a.m. church? I haven't gotten a 9 mo old ready in a loooong time!
But we'll make it!!

Thanks for your good word from the Lord!
Have a blessed Sunday!