Tuesday, December 8, 2009

KISS for CHRISTMAS

Few people on earth love the Christmas season any better than I do but, for some reason I can't really put my finger on, this Christmas has a different "feel." No, I'm not depressed. No, I'm not in a Bah-Humbug mood. For some strange reason since as early as last summer my mind-set has been K.I.S.S. for Christmas 2009. That stands for KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE. I wonder if I'm just getting "old". Oh wait! I AM OLD. Sometimes I forget. In fact, most times I forget.

For the first time in more than 20 years, I only put up one tree this year. When I mused last summer that I might do that, my son-in-law uttered a choice expletive and declared he'd believe it when he saw it. Well, believe it friends and family. One tree. UNTHEMED. It's a hodge podge of everything that's special to us - family pictures, Santa, angels, scripture, and nativity ornaments all hang side by side. It's a plaid and pinecones Christmas this year with one tree for the Wooley's. Don't feel sorry for us ... it's still pretty festive.

Come on in ... here's the kitchen door - always open to friends and family.


The Baker's Rack is decorated.


So is the mantle.


And the end tables.



And here's the hodge-podge tree.


Complete with a Santa following his team of Beagles just like my favorite "Santa" (only mine uses a four-wheeler, not a sleigh).





Now - just in case this doesn't look "Super Simple" to you, CLICK HERE to see what Christmas looked like at our house last year.

3 comments:

Kay Barnes Martin said...

Well, you did keep it very simple for you!!! But, it looks beautiful!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Yes, it does look beautiful! You are way ahead of me even with one tree! I have not done a lick of decorating this year and just can't seem to get in the spirit. Have been busy helping clean out my parents house since they are both gone now. That has me down in the dumps I guess. Plus the fact that my two grandchildren will be spending Christmas with their other Grandmother miles and miles away! Just won't seem like Christmas without the children.

Ah, well....I'll probably get the Christmas spirit soon.

Love ya,
Marilyn

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.