Monday, May 21, 2012

I AM A PIN-CESS

Did you notice that I left the R out of PRINCESS?
My pastor has an adorable three year old daughter who has stolen my heart (and lots of other people's hearts as well). Carys, like so many other little three year old girls, is totally enamored with the Disney princesses. When Carys talks about Belle, or Cinderella, or Snow White, or whoever is the fascination of the day, she pronounces the word princess without an R. It's too sweet. Melts my old grandmother heart every time!

Today, sweet little Carys, is with her family in Orlando getting to see some of the "pin-cesses" in person. It makes me smile just to think of her delight. Here she is with her mommy (Amy) and big sister (Camleigh) visiting with the pin-cess of the day.

I loved the  picture I posted above of all the Disney princesses together because it reminded me
#1 - they were ALL princesses
#2 - they were all very different in story-line
#3 - they were different in background and ethnic origin
#4 - they had very different personalities and temperaments
#5 - they all lived "happily ever after" in true Disney fashion

And - it reminded me that I am a princess too.


When I, at eight years old, received God's gift of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ, John 1:12 tells me that I became a child of God. Oh, hallelujah, sweet sisters! That's the stuff of dreams! I became a child of the King. I am His daughter. And that, makes me a PRINCESS.

What about you, my sister? Have you given your heart and life to Jesus? If you have, you are a princess too.

My life story might be very different from yours. We may have totally different family backgrounds. We may even have different skin colors. We certainly have different personalities. We have different temperaments (aren't you glad?). But - we are all princesses. And, yes, we will live "happily ever after" because our Father, the King of heaven and earth, has promised us eternal life.

So - for today - when temptation flaunts itself in my face - I will REMEMBER WHO I AM. I will remember that I am a princess - my Father is the King - and no power on earth has authority to draw me away from His presence and protection. I will REMEMBER WHO I AM and I will run to the King Eternal's throne - where He invites me to boldly come because I am His beloved child - and there I will find mercy and grace to help me in my time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Well I sure needed this reminder tonight Beverly! I think that for a little bit last night on the way home from church I just forgot "who I am"! At least I acted like I did anyway! Shame on me! You have encouraged me to always remember WHO...and WHOSE...I am in Christ!