Tuesday, May 8, 2012

QUESTIONS and ANSWERS

My Heavenly Father doesn't mind when I ask Him questions.
And, to my great JOY, most times He answers them straight from His Word.
Last weekend I stood at a junction - NOT a crossroads like this picture indicates.
But a JUNCTION. Along with many others from the body of believers with whom I am united, I sought the Father's VISION for the FUTURE of our group. We desperately want to be a people who don't just GO to church but a people who ARE the church. And so . . . I asked my Heavenly Father some specific questions - and He gave me some specific answers.

I asked: Abba, would You give me Your MIND on this issue?
He answered: Let this mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus . . . don't be concerned about your reputation - Jesus was never concerned about His . . . just be obedient - even if obedience leads to suffering.   (Philippians 2:5-8)

I asked: Abba, would You show me Your WILL?
He answered: My will is that none should perish but that all should come to a saving knowledge of Christ. My will is that you should proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. (2 Peter 3:9 and 1 Peter 2:9)

I asked: Abba, would You reveal Your VISION to me?
He answered: My vision for My children has never changed. AFTER the Holy Spirit comes upon you, you will be My witnesses to the world around you. You will make disciples and teach them how to follow hard after Me.  (Acts 1:8 and Matthew 28:19-20)

I asked: Abba, what is Your vision for us, YOUR PEOPLE?
He answered: I want you to love one another and others. That's the only way the world will ever know there is something different about you. They will know you are my disciples by the way you love one another. (John 13:35)

I asked: Abba, what is the ministry You are calling us to ... what work for YOUR KINGDOM are You setting before us?
He answered: I want you to be the hands and feet of Jesus in the world today. I want you to touch the untouchable and love the unloveable. What you have done unto the "least" of these, you have done unto Me.  (Matthew 25:40)

I asked: Abba, what is Your vision for Your house - YOUR CHURCH?
He answered: It has NOTHING to do with a building. Jesus never had a place to call His own the whole time He was on earth. It has to do with being a people who make ALL feel welcome and comfortable.  (Luke 9:58 and James 2:1-10)

I asked: Oh precious Abba, how can we give You GLORY?
He answered: The world around you will know that I AM the one true and living God when I am sanctified in you before their eyes. Things will be done in your midst that ONLY I can do. (Ezekiel 36:23)
Does that mean "signs and wonders," Abba?
I have not changed. My power is still available today. But the greatest wonder on earth is salvation. Salvation is something ONLY I can do. No man comes to Me unless the Spirit draws Him.  (John 6:44)

My Spirit is upon you. I have anointed you to share the gospel with the poor  - with everyone I put in your path. I am sending you to heal the brokenhearted and to proclaim freedom to those who are held captive in strongholds of sin. I want you to open the eyes of those who are blind to My truth and help them see. Help the oppressed find freedom in Christ. Proclaim to the lost that NOW is the day of salvation. NOW is the time to come to Me. (Isaiah 61:1-2)

No comments: