Most of you know that Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. For us, the English translation might read, "I am A and Z." My heart echoes, "Yes, Lord, You are. You are A and Z and everything in between."
Jesus is Omega – last – when this world has passed away, He will still exist. From everlasting to everlasting He is God. (Psalm 90:2) There is nothing beyond Him, nor can His resources ever be exhausted.
But, Jesus is everything in between the beginning and the end too. He was and IS and is to come. I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8
How is He Alpha and Omega to me today? Is He the first thing I think of in the morning and the last thing I think of at night? Do I give Him first place in my thoughts throughout the day? Do I give him first place in my heart’s affections? Do I give Him first place in my plans? Or do I most often put myself first? Do I chose time with Him over time with friends? Some mornings that means, do I hurry to my quiet time or check my email first? Do I stand strong in Christ's teachings or do I embrace man’s opinions?
Lord, I’m so grateful that You go before me and behind me. Keep me walking in step with Your Spirit. Fill me with Your Spirit and enable me by His power to put you first in all that I think, say and do. You are Alpha and Omega.
I am adopted
In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will. Ephesians 1:5
Many years ago I read a cross-stitched sampler from an adoptive mother to her child. It said:
Not flesh of my flesh
Nor bone of my bone
But still very much my own.
Never forget for a single moment
You didn’t grow under my heart
But IN it.
I’ve always thought that was such a special description of the unique role of an adopted child. How truly exceptional to know that you were CHOSEN by your parents! As believers, we are chosen by God. I Peter 2:9 tells us He chose us and we belong to Him. He did this so that we can declare the praises of Him who called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.
I get very emotional when I read the adoption stories of couples who have longed for a child (or children) and have then been blessed through the gift of adoption. They can seldom find adequate words to describe their joy. The families I know who have both biological children and adopted children will readily tell you there is NO difference in the way they love them or respond to them.
Does that mean God loves me as much as He loves His only begotten Son? I think it does. "..you received the spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, Abba, Father." (Romans 8:15)
Oh, sweet Abba, you have made it clear to me that I am your beloved daughter. I am not a mistake or a surprise. Thank you for choosing me. Thank you for adopting me. Thank you for welcoming me into Your family and giving me all the rights that being Your child implies. May I please You, my Father, as I walk with You daily.
A (God is . . .)
Abba, Father
Adonai, Lord
All-knowing
All-powerful
All-Sufficient
Almighty
Ancient of Days
Author and finisher of Faith
Advocate
Alpha and Omega
a (In Him I am . . .)
able to do all things – Philippians 4:13
abounding in grace – 2 Cor. 9:8
accepted – Romans 15:7
adequate – 2 Cor. 3:5
alive with Christ – Gal. 2:20
anointed – I John 2:27
appointed by God – John 15:16
anxious for nothing – Philippians 4:6
abounding in hope – Romans 15:4, 13
adopted – Romans 15:7
No comments:
Post a Comment