
I just couldn't resist the urge to download this beautiful picture from MckMama's website. This is MckMama's Mama with Small Fry.
First, I've just gotta say - I LOVE MckMama's blog! Never thought I would find a blog I enjoy more than Beth Moore's but I'm finding myself checking MckMama's some days BEFORE I check Beth's. Is that sacrilege??
I think MckMama (aka Jennifer McKinney) is such an awesome young mother! I adore reading about her adventures with her MSC (many small children). I truly fell in love with her by praying for her and Stellan when he was so sick not long ago. Funny how God just knits somebody right into your heart when you pray for them, isn't it?
MckMama is an entertaining and gifted writer and a VERY talented photographer. I love her daily "family antics" posts with the many pictures of her adorable children . . . I am a total grandmother, you know! But, I'm here to tell you, when she posts about some spiritual analogy or theological issue - Well, all I can say is, the girl blows my woolly socks off! She has spiritual insight and wisdom WAY beyond her years! Her faith is a real encouragement to me and hundreds of others.
MckMama is passionate about all things "green" and her children eat couscous with cranberries for lunch and all kinds of other weird natural and healthy foods our munchkins wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. She is a one-of-a-kind woman who marches to her own drummer in many delightful and uninhibited ways.
I think that's one of the reasons I looked at this picture of her mother and thought - "Well, OF COURSE!" Is she not a gorgeous woman? And is she not one heck of a happenin' gramama?? How about that spiked hair? How about the dangly earrings? How about the bright orange and pink? Does she just scream FUN, or what??
And, herein is the reason I just HAD to post this picture. I have some friends that I'm sure would label MckMama's Mama "sassy." That's what they call me - Sassy - and sometimes . . . spunky. Last February we decided to do a "make-over" on old Bevo. They said I needed to LOOK as sassy and spunky as I acted. I got my hair cut short and spikey. I got some dangly earrings on wires. But that's where it ended. I did NOT look like the above picture. Others liked the spikey hair - but I did not. I'm still wearing the dangly earrings on wires - but thankfully, my hair grew out. And I never made it to the bright colors. Do you have any idea what percentage of my wardrobe is black? Let's put it this way - I never have to hunt for something to wear to a funeral.
All I can say to MckMama's Mama is "You go girl!" I'm just a wee bit jealous. But I'll get over it.
1 comment:
Beverly, Glad you came by! Would love for you to come up and visit us and sit and watch the river! North Arkansas is beautiful!
Agree about McMama. Have been keeping up with Stellan for a long time.
I hear you about the bright clothes and spiked hair. I do much better these days and just dress so I am comfortable!! I like brown (dull, I guess but I call it the "new Black")!
Have a great Sunday!
Post a Comment