From my earliest remembrance I wanted nothing more desperately in life than I wanted to be a mother! I spent many years practicing my nurturing skills on a multitude of dolls (who I never doubted had "souls" as real as my own). The doll I'm holding in this picture was a gift for my second birthday and she still stands in my bedroom today. She's a little faded and has a different dress but the ensuing 62 years have changed her far less than they have changed me! GRIN!God began fulfilling my fondest dreams of motherhood in 1966 with the birth of my first child; and adding to my joy with my second child in 1970 and my third child in 1971. I whole-heartedly agree with the psalmist when he wrote:
Children are a reward from the Lord (Psalm 127:3)
My heart asks, Lord, who am I that you would bless me so? From the depth of my being I humbly give You thanks for so great a privilege.
THREE OF THE GREATEST BLESSINGS OF MY LIFE
First-born daughter, Lori, at six months old (Jan. 1967)
Son, John, at six months old (Feb. 1971)
Youngest daughter, Lisa, at six months old (June 1972)MY THREE BLESSINGS THE YEAR THEY GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL

Lori - 1983

John - 1988

Lisa - 1990
OUR FAMILY IN 1982

The years preceding and following this photograph were busy to the point of "hectic" and filled with all the daily routine and drama that make family life - well, LIFE, with a capital "L". Like most people in the midst of those demanding years, I seldom ever drew a breath long enough to think, "these are the happiest years of my life." But from my vantage point today of a life that has been FILLED to over-flowing with happy years, I can see that the years when my three blessings lived under my roof, are the years that supplied my treasure box of memories with it's richest jewels.
MY THREE BLESSINGS TODAY
TO MY BLESSINGS
Dear Lori, John and Lisa,
I am so blessed to be your mother! You are each beautiful adults whose lives exemplify the presence of the Holy Spirit through His love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. I have watched all three of you meet some of life's most difficult challenges with great courage and strength of character. I have watched all three of you embrace the joy of living with unparalled enthusiasm. I am so incredibly proud of the wonderful people you are!
Thank you for blessing me with the gift of motherhood. Thank you for loving me and for forgiving the multitudes of mistakes I made along the way. You are remarkable . . . and that is true far more "in spite of" than "because of" the mother you had. I think you are extraordinary! I am eternally grateful to God for the love and laughter you have brought into my life. I am your NUMBER ONE Fan!
Love, Mother - Mom - Momma
MY PRAYER FOR MY THREE BLESSINGS
Holy God of all hope, would you fill Lori, John and Lisa with all joy and peace in believing today and forevermore. May they ABOUND in hope always by the power of Your Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13) Bless them, O God, and surround them with your favor as with a shield. (Psalm 5:12)


3 comments:
Beverly, I very much enjoyed taking a photographic trip down memory lane with you today! You have a beautiful family!
I wonder if you would give me permission to use part of your post in a letter to my own children? You have said so eloquently some things that I would like to say to my three kids.
I hope you have a great Mother's Day!!
Marilyn
Well, I am truly blessed this morning as I ponder your words about your 3 blessings. I also was brought to tears. God only blessed me with 2 children but I have some of the same sentiments that you do. I am truly their biggest fan and I also happen to be a big fan of their spouses and their precious children. I wonder, do they really know how big a fan they have in their mom? AAH, God's blessings - too numerous to count!
Love from your forever friend,
Kay
My dearest momma - truth be told, when God gave me to you, it was I that received the biggest blessing. How lucky I am to be your daughter! I wonder if I will ever be able to put into words how much you mean to me??? You are and will forever be my biggest fan and I will forever be your "baby".
I love you - Lisa
Post a Comment