Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What do you need today?


Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
or his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me,
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and mercy will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.


I've been spending a lot of time over the past few days thinking about JEHOVAH JIREH- the LORD, my provider. This morning I came across some wonderful thoughts on God's provision from Dr. Harry Ironside, former pastor of Moody Memorial Church in Chicago. I pray they bless you as much as they did me. Ask God to minister these truths to your spirit today. For, truly, when David wrote "I shall not want," it was because he knew God as his JEHOVAH JIREH - the One Who provides our every need, both present and future.


Do you need rest? He makes me lie down in green pastures

Do you need refreshment? He leads me beside quiet waters

Do you need restoration? He restores my soul

Do you need guidance? He guides me in paths of righteousness

Do you need confidence? I will fear no evil

Do you need companionship? for You are with me

Do you need comfort? Your rod and your staff, they comfort me

Do you need provision? You prepare a table before me

Do you need joy? my cup overflows

Do you need anything in this life? Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life

Do you need anything in eternity? and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever


5 comments:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I need......ALL the above! ! !

And what a blessing to know that it's all available! No back orders! Nothing out of stock or discontinued!!

I LOVE the picture today! Is that from you home?

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that your sheep in the picture is black! No matter how bad we have been... He still is more than welling to do ALL of these things for us!! Thanks for reminding us that all we have to do is know Him!
And...Thanks for the prayers today!!!!!!! It went very well! Will finish tomorrow!

His Doorkeeper said...

I can't begin to tell you how the Psalms have been my strength this year. I love the 23rd Psalm of course!

Well, you were right on the mark with your comment on Kelly's blog!! Every night when Granddad and I look at Harper's picture it's all we can do not to jump in the car and head to Harperville!!!

Loved the picture with you and your doll. I LOVED dolls when I was little and never really wanted anything but a home and a family. God has been so good to me!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the post! I needed to be reminded that He is my Provider.

Kay

Fiffer said...

Hi Beverly! I found you through your comment on Kelly's blog and thought it was really sweet and encouraging so I linked over to your blog and enjoyed reading some of your posts. I can tell you are a Titus women in many mothers' lives. Blessings to you this Lord's Day!