Monday, November 21, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!



And, of course, it wouldn't be Thanksgiving if I didn't post our family's famous Thanksgiving picture. Our own rendition of a "Norman Rockwell" painting.

L-R around the table: Uncle Leonard (mom's brother); my mother; my father; Grandmother holding Hiram (#1) and Lois (#3) of Aunt Eleanor's children; Grandaddy holding me; Aunt Ruth (Uncle Leonard's wife) holding their daughter, Linda; Aunt Eleanor (mom's sister) holding her daughter (#2), Elberta; and Uncle Howard (Aunt Eleanor's husband). Look closely and you'll see that Uncle Leonard was squeezing the "bulb" to snap the photo. Ah, the joys of a photographer's family - even way back in 1946!

This is one of my very favorite family photos!

2 comments:

Leah said...

I moved the cursor over each face as I read your photo description beneath. What fun! And aren't you just the cutest little gal?! Thank you for this treat!

Kay Barnes Martin said...

I love this picture!! Good memories!