If God had chosen to wait until our lifetime to introduce His Son into the world, the coming of Jesus could have been heralded with great fanfare. Have you ever thought about that? Well. Exercise your imagination for a minute . . .Madison Avenue publicists could have conjured a clever ad campaign that could run non-stop on Times Square billboards.
CNN could have scrolled the news across millions of television screens worldwide.
People magazine would have had an "exclusive" waiting for you at the check out stand.
Let's face it -
radio could have blared the news
television could have aired the news
and print media could have shared the news.
And, OMGoodness - if the announcement went out over the internet, it would have been "viral" in a matter of minutes, wouldn't it?
I'm even guessing that the paprazzi would be descending on Bethlehem in droves and everybody in the nation with a cell phone would be knocking shepherds out of the way to snap a picture at the manger and upload it to Facebook!
But - praise His Holy name - God chose to send His Son into the world before any of these modern means of communication were available!
God has never needed "hype" to precede His intervention into the affairs of man!!! Do I need to say that again? I think I will. Just because I can. GOD HAS NEVER NEEDED "HYPE" TO PRECEDE HIS INTERVENTION INTO THE AFFAIRS OF MAN!
What a shame that so much of our modern religion today still doesn't recognize this!
God slipped His Son into the world in the most obscure, humble manner possible.
He ignored the palace
He sidestepped the great Roman government
And He even bypassed the religious powers of the day.
I wonder . . .
if Jesus quietly slipped into your church next Sunday morning, who would notice Him? Who would embrace Him?
What if He looked like a little black child from a slum area of town?
Or what if He didn't smell good?
Or what if He looked like a teenage girl of questionable morals?
Or what if He couldn't speak English?
Who in your church would recognize Him? Would it be YOU?
Who in your church would welcome Him? Would it be YOU?
1 comment:
Ouch! Oh how I pray I recognize Him in my everyday life - all the time - not just when I am seeking to draw close to Him.
Post a Comment