Truth. I held Hillary's dear friend in my arms Tuesday morning and felt such a strong spirit of sadness enveloping that beautiful young woman that my own eyes filled with tears. I watched her cry until so many tears had fallen that even her sweatshirt was wet. I saw her grapple to try to embrace truth when the enemy has blinded her heart with so many of his crippling lies. Truth was overwhelming to her.
Oh, Father - my sense is that GRACE and TRUTH are not two themes at all but ONE intricately woven and entwined reality . . . simply two parts of a whole - a "whole" that cannot be separated. For, Abba, how can brokenhearted parents be sustained by Your grace and find it sufficient for their unspeakable need unless they embrace the truth of Who You are and who they are meant to be IN You? How can a young woman in bondage to the enemy's lies NOT be overwhelmed by truth unless she is able to accept Your grace?
Couldn't the reason grace and truth cannot really be separated lie in the fact that they are the revelation of the Person of Christ. Oh my sweet, tender Abba - I cannot comprehend Your love - a love so powerful - so pervasive - that You sent Your One and Only Son to tabernacle among us so that we could behold His glory. What is Your glory, Lord, but grace perfected! Thank You, Yeshua, for Your willingness to leave Your throne to be made flesh and come to earth where You would experience, like Hillary's friend, lies from the enemy in attempts to cripple and lessen the reality of who You are - where You, like her, would experience betrayal in relationships - where You, like Dan and Rudi, would experience grief and pain like none had ever known. Oh sweet Jesus, forgive us for how casually we receive the Your CHOICE to become flesh and live among vile and sinful humanity. Your choice came at incomprehensible cost. The Word tells me: Grace and truth came through Jesus Christ (John 1:17) and of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace (John 1:16). Oh, how I thank You for Your amazing grace. Oh, how I praise You for Your life-changing truth.
Grace and Truth. Both. Both are expressed to me through Your love - a love I cannot truly comprehend but a love from which I CANNOT be separated and a love which I joyfully accept as a free gift of Your grace. Abba, You brought the words of an old hymn to my mind last night as I rested in Your love. I lift them before You again this morning in absolute awe and worship -
Could we with ink the oceans fill
And were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill
And every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above
Would drain the oceans dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole
Though stretched from sky to sky.
Oh, love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure -
The saints' and angels' song.
v.3 by Rabbi Mayer, 1096
2 comments:
What a touching post! I do not know what has happened but I know you had comforting words to say.
Grace. And truth. So far above our understanding yet so wonderful when applied to our lives through faith.
Post a Comment