Thursday, July 16, 2009

Roller coaster rides

The little blonde light of my life - aka my 6 year old granddaughter, Hallie - has been very intrigued by the fact that I posted one of her older cousin's drawings on my blog. She spent significant time yesterday drawing all her specialties - flowers, butterflies, rainbows and hearts - and bringing each to me with the recurring question "can you put this on your blog?"

I decided instead that I would like to post a picture she drew earlier in the summer of her Grandaddy and me on a rollercoaster. (the phonetic spelling is all her own)

I particularly liked this picture because she colored my hair gray (and gave me such pretty eyelashes) and drew her Grandaddy bald. And I REALLY liked the symbolism - a lot of our 45 years together have been like a rollercoaster ride - many"ups and downs" - some that scare the gee-whillikers out of you - and some that make you shriek with joy. But here's the best part, just like in Hallie's picture, we're TOGETHER on this ride called LIFE!


No comments: