Here's what my "Red Sea" looks like.
Over weight, unhealthy eating and a sedentary lifestyle have been "issues" in my life for many years. [And may I just pause here to comment on this photo and say that if my scale showed the weight this one does, I would be delighted. Believe it or not, that's almost exactly what mine did show a mere two years ago.]But here's where I've been for the last many months.
The cartoon's cute. But the truth of it is not.I have allowed the enemy to put me flat on my butt with shame because of my weight. My weight is an area of vulnerability that readily opens my mind ... and then my heart ... to the enemy's lies.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock,
and gave me a firm place to stand.
Psalm 40:2
God has parted my Red Sea. The bathroom scale will no longer dictate how I feel about myself. God's Word and His truth about my identity in Him will determine that.
The Deliverer has picked me up, brushed the shame from my shoulders and set my feet on the firm foundation of His Word. He and I are walking together ... one step at a time ... towards lifestyle choices in eating and exercise that will honor Him.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do,
do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
1 comment:
You go girl!!!
Post a Comment