Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SS LESSON - WEEK 3

For my sweet SS sisters: Here are the answers to the blanks on your listening guide - page 27 in your workbooks. Commentary will follow in the next post.

SURRENDERED HEARTS
Matthew 5:5

MEEKNESS DEFINED:

Meekness is not weakness or timidity.

Meekness is power under control.

MEEKNESS ILLUSTRATED:
The Greek word for meek is praus.

In Jesus' time it was used to describe:
(1) a soothing medicine
(2) a gentle breeze
(3) a colt that had been broken

MEEKNESS ON DISPLAY:
The best test of meekness is found in your attitudes and what they reveal.

Ask yourself:
(1) Do I worry/fret when people oppose me?
Meek people submit themselves (and their enemies) to God and let Him handle the problem.

(2) How do I respond to scripture?
Meek people submit to God's Word and receive it gladly into a prepared heart.

(3) How do I respond to sinners (particularly, other believers who sin)?
Meek people feel sorrow and a desire to help (to restore them to fellowship).

(4) How do I respond to dissension in the church?
Meek people are not interested in taking sides.

(5) How do I respond to those who disagree with me?
Meek people allow for differences (of opinion or interpretation).

(6) How do I respond to the lost (unsaved/non-believers)?
Meek people treat the lost with gentleness and respect.

No comments: