WITHOUT MEASURE. That's it. That's the phrase. That's the phrase that has me thinking this morning. Thinking. Wondering. Pondering. That's the phrase that quickened to rhema in my reading this morning and I heard my Father say, "Stop right here, daughter. Think on this for awhile."I was reading John 3:34 as part of my devotional time this morning - studying a bit on the the love relationship between the Father and the Son, when He caught my attention - or perhaps I should say, diverted my attention to this phrase.
WITHOUT MEASURE. My Father gives His Spirit WITHOUT MEASURE. Oh! My!
Then why am I not overflowing with His love? With His power? With His goodness?
See the glass bowl in the picture above? Doesn't it's size - it's capacity - limit the amount of ingredients that can be measured into it? The bigger the bowl, the more it will hold, right?
The question I'm asking this morning is: "How am I limiting the measure of the Spirit in my life?" God gives Him WITHOUT MEASURE. But I do not have ALL His fullness. So, it must be me. I must be the source of limitation.
Father, show me the times I cover the opening of my cup and say "that's enough - don't pour any more in right now." Show me the doors of my heart that are tightly locked to keep You from seeing what's behind them. Show me the places that need to be dusted, swept clean and prepared for Your Spirit to dwell. Show me the things on my life that are grieving Him/You. Show me the attitudes and actions that quench His ability to fill my life WITHOUT MEASURE.
1 comment:
WOW! Thank you for this! I needed to hear it. WOW!
Post a Comment