These two Pampas Grass plants are located in my backyard as "bookends" on either side of our water garden. They were the same size when we planted them several years ago. Today, the one on the right is a round, billowy, cascading clump with flowering plumes reaching six feet tall. The one on the left is sparse and spindly with no lovely plumes. The one on the right looks like a full grown Pampas Grass is supposed to look. The one on the left still looks like a young, immature, and none too attractive planting.Roy and I were talking about the difference between the two plants the other day and he commented that the only environmental circumstance that was different for the two plants is the fact that the one on the right gets more sunlight.
We've been studying 1 John in Sunday School and talking about Walking in the Light. Hasn't nature given us a wonderful illustration through these plants about the difference living our life in the light of God's Word can make in us?
Do you see it?
When we allow the Word of God to shine its light on our lives and shape our attitudes and our actions,
- won't our lives be a more beautiful display for others to view?
- won't we grow and become more spiritually mature?
- won't we "bloom" with a beauty that reaches upward and outward?
SURPRISES FROM MY GARDEN
And I hope you understand I am using the term "garden" VERY loosely. I. Mean. VERY. Loosely! My "garden" this spring and summer has consisted only of terribly neglected flower beds.
Then, last week, I looked out the kitchen window and saw this lovely surprise among the weeds.
A second surprise.
This poor little oh-I-needed-to-be-fertilized chrysanthemum was only yellow last year. Yet when it bloomed (all on its own) this year, there is a sprinkling of rust colored blooms among the yellow.
1 comment:
Love the illustration about the Light. Yes, living in the Light makes all the difference in the world!!
Post a Comment