
People call Wednesday "hump day" because it falls in the middle of their work week and puts them over the hump and on the downward slide to the weekend and their leisure time. Wednesday becomes a welcomed day for most of working-class America.
I call Wednesday wonderful. It's my favorite day of the week (next to Sunday, that is). For me, Wednesday is most assuredly a welcomed day. Wednesday is the day I get to go back to church and FEAST.
Yes, we have a meal at church on Wednesday nights.
And, yes. It's delicious!
Yes, we have fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ around the table. And, yes. Sometimes that's even better than the food.
But the FEAST comes when we gather for prayer meeting.
I am blessed beyond measure to have a pastor who teaches us on Wednesday nights as we gather to pray together. And TEACH us he does! Folks, he dishes up the richest of meat from God's Word and serves it straight to our hearts.
Most weeks I sit in prayer meeting and feel like a baby bird with my mouth gaped open squawking "feed me - feed me."
Every week I leave the Wednesday night service with my spiritual tummy full . . . and yet, find my appetite for the deep things of God strangely whetted and wanting more.
Every week I leave the Wednesday night service with the Holy Spirit stirring some new/old truth in my spirit that He urges me to "chew on" for awhile longer.
Every week I leave the Wednesday night service with the nutrition I've received from the Word coursing through my body and nurturing renewed spiritual health.
Every week I leave the Wednesday night service with an excited anticipation of the NEXT week's teaching!
Welcome Wednesday. I think you are wonderful. You bring me another opportunity to join with the body of believers at my church in unity and love and FEAST on God's Word. You bring me another opportunity to join my prayers with those of the saints and lay them before God's altar. Welcome Wednesday!
Welcome Wednesday. I think you are wonderful. You bring me another opportunity to join with the body of believers at my church in unity and love and FEAST on God's Word. You bring me another opportunity to join my prayers with those of the saints and lay them before God's altar. Welcome Wednesday!
1 comment:
Oh, how delightful!!! This blessed me!
Post a Comment