Thursday, October 6, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY

Today. I am thankful for a place to run.

Did you know I'm a runner?

Whoa!

That's what some of you are saying, isn't it? Those of you who know me IRL are thinking "Whoa! She's 66 years old. She's been sedentary three-fourths of her life. She's not a runner. And please don't tell me she's going to take up running now! She has lost her ever-loving mind!"

Right?

Put your mind at ease. I am NOT taking up running. Not at this stage of life. At least not "running" as it pertains to physical exercise.

But I do run, you know. I am a runner. And I am thankful for a place to run.

When I am overwhelmed with joy I run to share it with another.

When I fall down and skin my spiritual knees, I run to have the wounds cleansed.

When I am weighed down by the cares of life, I run to have my burdens lifted.

When I am in despair, I run to find hope.

When I am in trouble, I run for help.

When I am feeling lost and lonely, I run to find companionship.

When I don't know what to do, I run to find direction.

When I've foolishly believed the enemy's lies about myself, I run to find the truth.

When I am broken hearted, I run to find comfort.

When I am accused, I run to find justice.

When my insecurities surface, I run to find acceptance.

And.

I am thankful for a PLACE to run!


Thank You, Abba, for being the place to which I run for all these things and many more. You are my Shelter. You are my Strong-Tower. You are my Deliverer. You are my Healer. You are my Ever present help. In Your presence is fullness of joy!

No comments: