Several people have told me they are reading the blog but nobody's left a comment but my BFF Sue in Kentucky!
In case you're unsure how to do it, click on Comments at the bottom of whatever post (blog - article or whatever you want to call it) that you want to comment on. A dialogue box may pop up that asks you if it's okay to display non-secure text (or something like that). Click yes - your computer won't blow up. You will then be able to read comments other people have posted (if there are any - GRIN!) and type your own. Unless you have a Google account, check the Anonymous box (but sign your name to your comments after you write them). If you have trouble getting your comment to go through (one friend told me she did), try clicking on Preview (or edit - I can't remember which it says) Comment. Then after you've made any corrections you want, click on Publish Comment. Sorry those aren't better instructions ... I didn't have the foresight to walk through it myself before I logged on. But doing the Preview first and then sending it has worked several times for me when I've had difficulty getting one of my comments to go through on Beth Moore's blog site.
Beth's blog, in case you haven't discovered it, is WONDERFUL!! (http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/) Reading it is what birthed a desire in me to open my own account (I got tired of having to post comments as "anonymous"). [And, incidentally, you can set up a Google account without having to set up a blog of your own if you want to. It's free.] Beth and her daughter, Amanda, post on the LPM Blog three or four times a week usually. How they have time, I'll never know. But I'm sure glad they work it into their schedules! It's just unbelievable how often something they will say is just the word you need to hear for the day. Every post will garner more than a hundred comments most days. It's growing all the time. And here's what is just THE coolest thing .... sometimes it's something someone says in one of the comments that ends up blessing you even more than the post itself did! That's why I want you to post your comments. It end ups being like a small group dynamic where you all learn and grow from one another!
Just to give you a little background, if you check out Beth's blog and wonder what on earth "Siestas" means ... when they first started the blog, Beth asked what we should call ourselves (those participating through comments). Someone suggested "Sistas" and that stuck. Then one day, Beth made a typo and called us Siestas ... everybody loved it. So now they even have T-shirts that say "LPM Siestas"! LOL
Here's one of the funniest stories about her blog. One morning Keith hurt Beth's feelings just as she was leaving for work. She was still mad when she got to work and blogged to vent her feelings (and get sympathy). She said that all the way to work she kept hoping he would call her cell phone so she could NOT answer. It was hilarious!! I was rolling with laughter when I read it. But that one post got over 400 comments when Amanda (who moderates the comments) had to shut it down. Too funny!
But see, that's one of the great things about a blog. We women need to know there are others out there who have "been where we are" - and lived to tell about it. So, don't let this be a one way conversation, girls, try your hand at posting a comment. Hope to hear from you soon!
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am truely amazed with you Beverly, and so happy you have chosen to share "Your Way" you found a healther YOU. Your story is so IMPORTANT! God knows what truely nourishes our bodies and will guide us in the best diet ever, IF WE WILL ONLY LISTEN.
Recently, I have gained a new perception of my body. ONE, not of judgement, nor self riducule, but of self-forgiveness and LOVE.
I now can objectively see the excess weight on my frame without emotional pain it has brought me in the past. I know the weight is unhealthy and I am now doing something about it DAILY!
Now, on a daily basis I get to feel GREAT about myself! What a shift! I am so grateful to God! It is surrendering fully to His Love which is warming my heart where I am now losing the weight I need to improve my health.
And very much like you said Beverly. I am making better food choices, eating better proportions, and appropriately manageing the social aspect of eating. I have been drinking water, water, water, just like you have shared on your blog.
In the last two weeks I have dropped a staggering number of pounds. More than I ever imagined I could in that time frame. I have dropped two sizes. Years ago I experienced a lower back injury for which I have suffered daily pain. With the recent weight loss the pain is far reduced. I have been diagnosed borderline diabetic for which ONLY significant weight loss and healthy lifestyle will prevent onset of full diabetic complications.
I can only be excited now daily to pray and stay with the Lord on my journey to a new healthier me. My heart goes out to touch any and all of you with my story, to inspire you to PRAY and FIND YOUR WAY!
Post a Comment