
There are times when I struggle - struggle - struggle with being able to write my SS lessons. Not because of the content. The Lord seems to take care of that. But because of distractions. Our computer is in the living room where there seems to be unending background noise from the television. Moving the computer is not an option since it is a family computer and used by all. I have been using ear plugs to block out the TV and allow me to keep my concentration on my writing. It's been the only solution I've been able to come up with but it definitely has its own drawbacks. It's hard to get them in and out and maintain a good noise reduction seal when you get interrupted with questions or phone calls. Plus, when I wear them for several consecutive hours they cause my ears to itch way down inside. ARGH! That's more distracting than the television!
Sunday morning before time for class to begin, I was chatting with some of the ladies that were there early. I was laughing about how ironic it had seemed to me to be writing the lesson on Jehovah Rapha - the LORD, our Healer with a marathon of House episodes playing in the background. For those of you who may not know, House is not on the Home and Garden channel. It is a program about a top notch doctor, Gregory House, who just happens to have the most arrogant, rude, and abrasive personality known to man. I'm one of those "I can't stand conflict" people and this whole program is constant conflict. Plus, like so many other programs on the air these days, there have been several episodes that cloaked a mocking disdain of Christianity. Bear in mind, this is just MY opinion and my opinion about this program is highly stilted. Stilted toward an extremely negative slant! I HATE this show. Maybe "hate" isn't the right word. It's too kind and gentle. I LOATHE this program. Do you get the point? It grates on my nerves and normally if it is on, I leave the room. (Now, in fairness, let me say that my perspective on this program is in the minority. It's a VERY popular show and my husband (along with both my daughters) LOVES it.
Enough about House - I went on to tell the ladies at SS that I was praying about buying an inexpensive laptop so that I could work in my study and then just come to the desktop in the living room to print our lessons.
After Sunday School, one of the young women in my class came up to me and told me she'd like to GIVE me a laptop. She said she had one she'd used all the way thru college but it had just been sitting under her bed for the last 18 months since she got her new Mac. I was overwhelmed! And unbelievably excited. She brought it to me yesterday and it has added the perfect finishing touch to turning my study into my "sanctuary." God is SO good and His blessings definitely come in all shapes and sizes.
Aynsley, thank you for being the precious young woman I've come to love in Sunday School. And thank you SO much, for being the instrument God used to bless me in this special way. Thank you for your willingness to share your resources so freely. I am blessed beyond measure!
1 comment:
What a WONDERFUL blessing the Lord bestowed upon you through one of the ladies of your class! Isn't that just like God! I'm sure that you and she both received blessings!
Marilyn
Post a Comment