Monday, June 1, 2009

New Beginnings


These are the four wall calendars that hang in various spots in our home. Can you guess which calendar belongs to which family member? That's pretty much a no-brainer, huh? And, yes. The munchkins have their own calendars in "their" room at Gran's house. (I don't tell them it's really the "guest room" unless I have to - and even then, they don't willingly relinquish ownership - GRIN!) I keep calendars with stickers on them for Race and Hallie because I have learned that they love to count down the days to a birthday, holiday, or special event for themselves.


I just love it when the first day of a new month falls on the beginning of a new week. I know. I know. Sunday is the first day of the week. Not Monday. But for me, Sunday kind of culminates my week. I work all week preparing the lesson for my SS class (see last post) and buiding toward a huge excitement about teaching it on Sunday morning. Then Sunday comes and I get to teach, love my class, celebrate God's goodness and worship with brothers and sisters in Christ. Sunday's a joyous day for me and it culminates my week's preparation in the best of ways.


And then, Monday morning, it all begins again. Usually, beginning it "all" again (and by "all" I mean the normal day to day routine of life) brings a certain level of excitement. I love my life. I'm healthy as a horse (and, yes - stubborn as a mule if that was the next thing you were thinking. LOL). Most mornings I wake up feeling good and genuinely glad to greet the day. Occasionally, I have to emphasize the WILL - you know, like


This is the day the Lord hath made,

I WILL rejoice and be glad in it.


But always, there is an air of excitement when greeting a new day with all its potential. When that new day is the first day of a new month on the first day of the week it tends to amplify my excitement. I feel like a kid with a new coloring book. Which page do I color first? Oh, it's so nice! None of the corners are rumpled. The cover is so pretty and smooth. No one has scribbled on any of the pages. I haven't yet gotten outside the lines.


To me, Monday, June 1st feels like a blank slate. . . a new coloring book. A chance for a do over. If I've blown it in some area (and, guess what - I have), now's a great time to make it right. I'm so excited!


Thank You, Lord, for new beginnings. Thank you for making all things new. And, oh my Father, thank You for Your mercies which are new EVERY morning!! Thank You for knowing all the days ordained for me before any of them come into being. I want to trust You each step of the journey!


No comments: