Friday, June 19, 2009

Remember Sweet Stellan?

I've posted this picture before. It's a photo taken by MckMama of her MSC (many small children) and posted on her blog in May. Stellan is the youngest of her four, who are 4 years old and under! He is now 7 months old.

Most of us - especially those of us with grown children and no little ones under our feet - Shake our heads in incredulous wonder at how young moms like MckMama keep up with all the demands of MSC. Especially when one of those MSC has a life threatening condition that stumps even the most renown doctors in the country.

McMama not only "keeps up" with the demands, she revels in them. She views life with MSC as a joyous adventure. You can feel the innocence and excitement of childhood itself still alive in her own heart through her writing. She has the kind of childlike - no questions asked - trust in God that Jesus wants us all to have. (Mark 10:15)

I stand in total jaw-dropping amazement at how often McMama finds time to blog the details of her family's daily adventures and post the wonderful photos she takes of her gorgeous children. Her blog is a delight to her MFR (many faithful readers) - of which I am one - can't let a day go by without checking out MckMama.

Last April Stellan was in the hospital and I posted about him several times asking all of you to join me in praying for him. I'm sorry to report that he is not doing well right now and is back in the hospital. Would you, like me, increase your prayers for him? You can click on the button on my sidebar anytime to access his mommy's blog and see how he's doing.


Wednesday his mommy wrote:

And so, we make sure to be thankful and awestruck at another day with our amazing babe, who is an unbelievable warrior.

And, as difficult as this journey is for Stellan, and for us, we rest in the
fact that he is in the extremely capable hands of his earthly doctors, and in the everlasting, omnipotent hands of God, the Great Physician.


And today she posted:

Only God knows if Stellan's SVT is going to get under control this weekend so he can get discharged. We don't. God knows if
Stellan is on the slippery slope towards more aggressive medical interventions.
We don't.

And, truly, that is all I need to know: That God knows what is
happening. He is omniscient!

Please pray for this baby, for his parents and siblings, for his doctors . . . ask God to meet their EVERY need. He is Faithful!

1 comment:

Rondell said...

Them babies look happy. I just love to hear the laughter of children because I truly believe that they are our future.