I could hardly wait to get home last night after a prayer gathering to tell my husband that a man in the group had prayed, "Lord, thank You for how bullheaded Beverly was ...." ROFLI knew my sweet hubby would feel validated to know that someone understood his nearly 47 year odyssey of living with me. ROFLMBBO (that means "rolling on the floor laughing my bullheaded butt off" if you're trying to decipher) And it did, indeed, give hubs a good chuckle.
Now before you get all "up in arms," let me assure you that bullheaded was said about me in love and as a compliment. Of course, I think, tenacious or determined might have been a better choice of words - LOL - but bullheaded has given me some wonderful food for thought.
Last Sunday our pastor spoke on COURAGEOUS WOMEN and one of the points he made in the message was about women's unique ability to "hang on" . . . "to press through" . . . "to pay the cost of travail to give birth." He wasn't simply talking about the physical act of birthing a baby. He was talking about bringing to fruition the seed God has placed within us. He encouraged us not to let the seed God has placed in our heart die in the womb of our soul. What a challenge!
In the incident my friend was referring to in prayer, God had placed a seed in my heart and He had confirmed it over and over and over in His Word and through several unique circumstances that only God could have orchestrated. I was more certain of God's will at that time than ever before in my life. One morning I flipped the page on my little desk calendar and it read: "Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things, which were told her from the Lord." (Luke 1:45) The word Elizabeth spoke to Mary more than two thousand years ago quickened immediately in my spirit as rhema from God. I knew in an instant that to be anything less than bullheaded in this situation would be equivalent to disobedience on my part.
The question I'm asking myself today is: why am I not bullheaded about EVERY seed God places in my heart? Why do I let circumstances cause me to doubt? Why do I let distraction deter me from the course? Why do I so often "fizzle before the finish" on things I should be unceasingly persistent about in prayer?
What about you, sweet sisters? Are you willing to press in and press on? Are you willing to bear the pain to birth in your life and your world the seed that God places in your heart? Are you willing to lay aside the fashions of the world and clothe yourself in Christ alone? Are you willing to put on the whole armor of God and take your stand against the evil one?
Let's be COURAGEOUS WOMEN, my sisters. Let's persevere by the power of the blood of Christ. His Holy Spirit lives within us to infuse us with an inner strength to be all that God calls us to be!
1 comment:
Great thoughts! Love the bullheaded comment but would have preferred persistent or some such description! lol
Post a Comment