Tuesday, September 13, 2011

YES, JESUS LOVES ME!

Most of us have no problem believing this, do we?


My baby book (which my mother meticulously and beautifully kept) says that the first song I sang was Jesus Loves Me. I'll bet that's true of many of you, as well.


One of the young moms in our church posted a video on Facebook the other day of one of her little girls singing Jesus Loves Me. It was beyond precious! Nora kept singing over and over and over "Yes, Jesus loves me . . . Yes, Jesus loves me . . . Yes, Jesus loves me . . . Yes, Jesus loves me . . ." It was as though that little blonde haired beauty couldn't stand to add the last line and let the song end!

Few of us found it difficult to accept Jesus' love for us when we were little. But then childhood gave way to adolescence. And then adolescence gave way to the turbulent teens. And before we knew it we were adults with all kinds of scars and festering wounds from the bumps and bruises and outright assaults life had inflicted on us along the way.

And somehow it got harder to say "YES" to "Jesus loves me." Would you do something for me right now? Would you stop for just a minute, and picture YOURSELF as the woman in this picture? Can you feel Jesus' arms holding you tight? Can you sense Him smiling with joy over you?

Will you take just a moment to tell Him you love Him too?

Loving and being loved by Jesus matters more than all the world can obtain or contain.

Yes! Jesus still loves you!

And. The Bible still tells you so!

Have you read lately:
I have loved you with an everlasting love.
I have called you by your name.
You are mine.
You are precious in my sight.
My thoughts toward you outnumber the grains of sand.
I am for you. Who can be against you?
Nothing that is good will be withheld from you.
I am your provider.
I will bless you and make you a blessing.
I am your shield and protector.
I give you My peace.
I will teach you and instruct you.
I will guide you by My Spirit.
Do not be anxious about anything.
Nothing can separate you from my love.

YES, JESUS LOVES YOU!
THE BIBLE TELLS YOU SO!

No comments: