Sunday, September 11, 2011

HUNGRY?

If you weren't hungry before, you probably are now, right? This is an apple cream cheese bundt cake and, NO, I didn't bake it. My friend, Candise did and I totally stole the picture off her Facebook page! My sweet hubby's mouth started salivating the minute he saw it and he wanted me to call Candise and go over to her house about 9:00 that night to get him a slice. He is Pit E Full!

So? What are you hungry for?

That's a question I've been asking myself lately. And. It has nothing to do with food!

I'm hungry to experience a fresh taste of the presence of God in my life.

I'm hungry for holiness that is visible IN and THROUGH me to those around me.

I'm hungry for the manifested power of God in my prayer life.

I'm hungry for extravagant joy in my relationship roles.

I'm hungry for the incredible love of Jesus to knock my Wooley socks off.

I guess the bigger question - the one I need to ask next - is,

What am I willing to do to satisfy these hungers?

Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness. Psalm 107:8-9

1 comment:

Kay Barnes Martin said...

Loved this post, dear friend! I am with you completely on this!!