Life is a journey. And sometimes we can't see around the next curve. Sometimes the road seems too long - too winding. Some of us have been on this journey longer than others (says this gray haired grandmother - soon to be GREAT Grandmother!). For all of us, life is a journey.The path of our journey is determined by choices and responses at every crossroads. For many, life's journey seems to be no more than an excursion through a maze of dead-end experiments. For others, life's journey is marked by a clear direction and a certain destination. The choice is ours.
Has the path of your journey become hard to see lately because of the torrents of a storm? Are you standing at a crossroads trying to decide which way to go?
The psalmist rejoiced in the clarity that God's Word brought to his life journey. He pictured God's WORD as a lamp to his feet and a light to his path (Psalm 119:105).

He identified scripture as the ONLY reliable source for guidance, comfort, confidence, encouragement and strength in an world that is often dark and treacherous when its storms rail against us.
May I tell you, beloved friends, that in the Word of God the complexities of life are unraveled, our confusion is clarified, our challenges are put into perspective and our joys are multiplied. This gray haired grandmother knows those truths from experience!!
Turning your life's journey over to God's wisdom is a choice full of abundant reward. HIS advice alone makes our lives like trees planted by rivers of water, yielding fruit in season, unwithered in the driest of times, and prosperous regardless of the difficulty we may face (read Psalm 1).
It is no wonder the psalmist exclaims:
Oh, how I love your law!
I think about it all day long,
Your commands make me wiser than my enemies,
for your commands are my constant guide.
Yes, I have more insight than my teachers,
For I am always thinking of your decrees.
How sweet are your words to my taste;
They are sweeter than honey.
Psalm 119:97-99, 102 NLT
If you, like me, find yourself facing a crossroad ... if you, like me, have some choices to make ... I urge you, like I have admonished myself - Get in the Word!! Don't take another step ... don't make another choice ... until God has shown you clearly in His Word the path HE has outlined for you !
2 comments:
Wise words, dearest friend!! Praying for you and Roy and your church. I pray for His guidance. Love you!
This makes me think of Psalm 73. I delight in verse 24: "You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory." But the whole chapter seems to capture the human self absorption and pity we can fall into when we are at that crossroads. Doesn't it?
Miss you! Your blog makes me feel like I'm back in your Sunday School class. I love it!
Post a Comment