Monday, April 26, 2010

SO LONG, INSECURITY


Saturday's simulcast of Beth Moore teaching "SO LONG INSECURITY" was the first simulcast I've ever attended. I've had the wonderful privilege of attending a Living Proof Live event before but I've just never taken advantage of a simulcast hosted at a local site - or, as the production people call them, "remote locations." I'll have to say - it was WONDERFUL.

The ladies at our host location had done a lovely job of preparing a breakfast brunch to get our day started and graciously made us feel very welcome and comfortable. It was fun to meet new people and great to meet up with some of my "sisters" from my own church.

This was LifeWay's most widely received simulcast ever. EVER!

There were 869 remote locations receiving the broadcast. The number of women registered for the event, which was broadcast from First Baptist Church, Woodstock, GA, totalled over three hundred thousand! Think about that. 300,000!!! Really? Yes. REALLY!!

300,000 women hearing Beth tell them that they had absolutely NOTHING to gain from their insecurity! 300,000 women hearing that insecurity has been a "bad friend" to us for a LONG time and God is ready for us to tell it good-bye.

Beth's message was built around the following six statements which describe a secure woman - and just happen to form an acrostic of the word SECURE.

A SECURE woman is:
  1. Saved from herself
  2. Entitled to the truth
  3. Clothed with intention
  4. Upended by grace
  5. Rebounded by love
  6. Exceptional in life

I think we'll explore those six statements this week on the blog. Not because I took copious notes, because I didn't - but just because they were so meaningful I want to spend a little more time thinking about them and processing them. Hope that's okay with you.

Here's the thing that has blown me away - when have 300,000 women gathered to hear the same message at the same time? Never that I've been a part of! That's a lot of women! It's enough to fill a good sized city, girlfriends. This couldn't have been an accident. It HAD to have been a "divine appointment." It's too awesome to be anything else.

So - if God orchestrated this phenomenon - and He DID - can't we conclude that God cares VERY deeply about the fact that insecurity is keeping many of His daughters from experiencing the abundant life He plans for them? Can't we conclude that God wants His daughters to be SECURE women who are showing the world the truth of who He is by the way they live their lives? I really believe we can.

I ask you: What if 300,000 women

  • applied the truth they heard Saturday to their lives
  • truly realized that because Christ's Spirit lives in them, they have it IN THEM to be secure
  • turned from their unbelief and chose victorious life over defeat
  • made up their mind to put off the "old" woman and "put on" the new
  • remembered that the Lord is their security and will take care of them to their very last breath
  • went out into the world and acted like they KNEW they were dearly loved by their Heavenly Father
  • knew they were exceptional - special - unique
  • began to walk worthy of their calling
  • were clothed in strength and dignity

What would happen to our culture? What if you and I were one of those women? How would it affect our daughters? Our granddaughters? Our friends? Our family? The unbelieving world that is always watching?

Think about it!

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9

1 comment:

Kay Barnes Martin said...

Oh! So wish I had been there because I really needed to hear her. I will try to grasp all I can from your posts this week. Thanks!!