Ever have one of those weeks that you can look back on and say "Whew! Glad that one's over!"? Last Monday as I finished posting the pictures of the munchkins' birthday celebration and reflecting on what fun it had been to celebrate with them, a particularly virulent virus entered our household with one of those cute little munchkins its unsuspecting host. Throughout the week it proceeded to wreak its havoc and take us down - one by one. I'll spare you the gruesome details except to say that there's nothing like being sick to make you thankful for being well! GRIN! Roy, in his usual humorous approach, has decided that we need to install a 50 gallon drum of disinfectant outside the kitchen door and "dip" the children before they come in each day.
May I just say a couple of things here about the wonderful (and oft times wacky) husband God has blessed me with for these past (nearly)43 years. . . . Some men are big old whiny babies when they are sick. My husband is not one of them. He is almost the direct opposite. He detests illness and rarely gets sick. When he does, he does not complain and does not give in to it. He always has the positive approach "I'm sure I'll be well by in the morning." When poor little Race was so sick this week I told him I was sorry he felt so badly and he replied "It's okay, Gran, I'll feel better in the morning." I almost laughed out loud. Proof positive his Grandaddy is rubbing off on him!
Literally, in our 43 years of marriage, I'll bet I could count on ONE hand the number of days any illness has had Roy "down". So - wouldn't you think that a man who has no toleration for illness in his own life would have little compassion for it in the lives of others? Well, not so!! Any time I have ever been sick, not a registered nurse on the planet could hold a candle to the considerate care my sweet husband extends to me. That will probably surprise some of you who know him and at the risk of shattering the macho image he so carefully projects; let me just say, he puts the T and L in TLC when it comes to taking tender loving care of me when I am sick. He is a genuine enigma and I am grateful to God beyond what I have words to convey for the blessing he is in my life.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment