Abba, do you know how wonderfully precious You are to me? You have given me LIFE! I had descended into the depths of mere existence for SO long . . . not really living . . . just drifting along . . . subsisting . . . and often wishing I could simply cease to exist. There is such a difference between living and merely existing! You have given me LIFE again! YOU give my life richness and meaning! In Your presence there is fullness of joy! How I thank You for Your participating presence! You are my constant companion and my heart rejoices in Your presence.
Abba, do you know that the more I know You, the more I want to know You? In this season of my life, I feel like You are giving me fresh glimpses of Yourself. I never want that to end! I never want to become accustomed to it. I want revelations of You to always take my breath away. Surprise me, Abba. I am SO in awe of Your grandeur! You are incomprehensible. I am grateful that You can continually give me glimpses of Your person for the rest of my life and I will never exhaust or explore all the wonders of Your being. I will never fully be able to embrace all that You are. But, oh Abba, I want to keep trying!
Abba, do You know that I want to give myself to You wholly? To all that I understand of You, I want to give all that I understand of myself. Teach me . . . lead me . . . grow me! I'm so thankful I don't have to stay in hiding until I am whole. Thank You for inviting me to live now - and to continue to find my healing along the way. Beth wrote "The essence of wholeness is God winning us wholly with His affection, His truth, and His healing Word." Continue Your marvelous work of making me whole, Abba!
Abba, do you know how grateful I am for the Rhema You spoke to me this morning through Joel 2:25-26? There are times that I get so focused on regret over the years I lost during my wilderness exile. Thank You for Your promise of RESTORATION! Thank You for the work of restoration You are currently doing in my life. You have, indeed, dealt wondrously with me!
Abba, do You know how my heart swells with hope as I think about the things You will restore?
- all the years of lost joy
- all the times of frustration and defeat
- all the moments of regret
- all the pains of lost opportunities
- all the hurts of broken relationships
Abba, do You know how glorious it is for me, as Your child, to know that NOTHING is too big for You to handle? You do mighty works and yet You see the smallest details and attend the tiniest need.
You are the God of "exceedingly abundantly above all I could ever ask or think." Abba, do you know how precious that is to me? When You "fill my cup," it is overflowing! When You "flow through me," it is as "RIVERS of living water." When You meet my needs, You do it out of the incomparable riches of Christ.
Abba, do you know how much it means to me to be a part of Your kingdom? Build Your kingdom within me. A kingdom of:
- Joy
- Love
- Peace
- Righteousness
- Victory
- Redemption
- Right Relationships
Abba, do You know how thankful I am that You don't just give me joy - but You give me "joy unspeakable and full of glory"? (I Peter 1:8)
Abba, do You know how thankful I am that You don't just give me love - but You give me "everlasting" love? (Jeremiah 31:3)
Abba, do You know how thankful I am that You don't just give me peace - but You give me "peace that passes all understanding"? (Philippians 4:7)
Abba, do You know how thankful I am that You don't just give me righteousness - but You give me Your own righteousness in Christ Jesus? (2 Corinthians 5:21)
Abba, do You know how thankful I am that You don't just give me victory - but You make me "more than a conqueror"? (Romans 8:37)
Abba, do You know how thankful I am that You don't just give me redemption - but You give me FULL redemption? (Psalm 130:7)
Abba, do You know how thankful I am that You don't just give me right relationships - but You give me friends that love at all times (Prov. 17:17); friends that stick closer than a brother (Prov. 18:24); friends that pick me up when I fall (Ecc. 4:10), and friends that sharpen me as iron sharpens iron (Prov. 27:17)?
Oh, my precious Abba,
YOU are my refuge
and my portion
in the land of the LIVING!
(Psalm 142:5)
2 comments:
OH! How I praise Him that He has brought you back from the wilderness! The "body" needs your wisdom and insight of Who He is!
A Blessed student!
Beverly,
Thank you! You will never know just how much this has helped me today. Our son just returned on Monday night from his second trip to Duke Brain Cancer Clinic. His last MRI showed a 25% increase in the tumor growth. They are starting him on a new chemo (he is now in the clinical trial program). The next 2 months are very critical!
As you can imagine, I don't even have the words to tell you how I feel but just keep speaking God's Word. We can't be moved by what we see, hear or feel. The promise of Restoration is what we need. I believe God wants us to see HIS Glory and experience His power of healing. Thank you for all your prayers. A very special blessing to all my siestas out there!
Nancy
ncraig@insightbb.com
Post a Comment