
"I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly." Psalm 40:10
When we "dress up, " we usually "go out," don't we? Well, during the Christmas season, it's our home that is dressed up. And since our homes are fixed locations, the only alternative is to invite others in.
This is not something I'm good at. Are you? My BFF, Kay, is the best there is. She's hosted holiday gatherings of friends for as long as I can remember. I wish I had some pictures of them through the years. Holiday luncheons at Kay's are always as lovely and fun filled as this random picture I found on Google. Why is it we never thought to record our own fun in photographs?
It's such a wonderful witness to neighbors, friends, and relatives when we invite them into a home that is filled with true happiness, a light-hearted spirit of fun, and a warm, generous welcome. So many in the world think Christians are uptight and dour. When we invite others to be a part of our Christmas joy we can let them see a believer who is actually happy about life. It can be utterly disarming. It can paint a whole new portrait of the "Jesus life."
Lord Jesus, we've decorated our homes and committed those decorations to Your glory. But YOU are the one who decorates our hearts and lives. Help us open our homes - our hearts - and our lives to others around us this year. Give us a gift of hospitality to welcome others the way You welcome us.
1 comment:
Enjoyed your post! Thanks for your sweet comments - though I'm not sure they are deserved. Did enjoy sharing lunch with some of my very best friends today! Love you dear friend!
Post a Comment