Such was my day yesterday. I started out with a plan - but none of my plan ever came into being. I'll spare you the details but, just have to say, it all served to make me even more thankful that I have a Master Architect Whose plans will never be thwarted. "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever . . ." Psalm 138:8
Day 5 - Completely Loved by OUR MASTER ARCHITECT
Read: Isaiah 53:1-12
Focal passage:
But it was the Lord's good plan to crush him and fill him with grief. Yet when his life is made an offering for sin, he will have a multitude of children, many heirs. He will enjoy a long life, and the Lord's plan will prosper in his hands. When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. And because of what he has experienced, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins. Isaiah 53:10-11
Nothing amazes me more than the intricacies of scripture. I marvel that a book (or books) that was written thousands of years ago in what today are considered "dead" languages is alive with truth and relevancy for the things taking place in my life today and speaks to me each time I read it. I marvel at the fact that 66 separate books, written by dozens of different authors, who lived over a span of hundreds of years and, for the most part, never knew one another weaves itself seamlessly together as one unbroken story . . . one history . . . HIS story! Amazing! Awesome! Truly, our God is a Master Architect!
Those of us who have just completed studying the Psalms of Ascent can testify to glimpsing some of God's perfect plans unfold as we looked at three of the Old Testament feasts and saw how their purpose was flawlessly fulfilled in the timing and details of Jesus' death and resurrection. And that was just three feasts. There are more than three hundred prophecies concerning Jesus in the Old Testament (some of which we read in today's passage from Isaiah 53) and each one of them are impeccably displayed in His life. Amazing! Awesome! Yes! Our God is a Master Architect!
HOLDING HIS HAND:
(1) Am I truly following God's plan for my salvation . . . On Day 4 I wrote about the value of personalizing scripture. I've done that with Isaiah 53:5 in my Bible too simply by changing the pronouns to first person so that it reads: "But he was pierced for my transgressions; he was crushed for my iniquities; the punishment that brought me peace was upon him, and by his wounds I am healed."
Think about what that says. My transgressions - I am a sinner by choice. I have made, do make and will make choices to sin - to "turn to my own way" (v.6) - and isn't choosing our own way over God's way the very essence of sin in our lives. My iniquities - I am a sinner by nature - and, as such, separated from holy God. But, oh praise His name, the Master Architect had a perfect plan and brought me peace by the sacrificial offering of His Son. By His wounds (death) I am healed of my sickness of sin. Because Jesus was crushed under the burden of my sin I am now His child. (v.10) Because of what He experienced, He made it possible for me - even ME - to be counted righteous! (v.11)
(2) What does today's passage teach me about the Master Architect of my salvation? It makes my heart sing "I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene, and wonder how He could love me, a sinner, condemned, unclean! How wonderful! How marvelous is my Savior's love for me!" I cannot fathom how great a love the Father has bestowed on me that I should be called His child (I John 3:1) but I am more grateful for His steadfast love in my life than I could ever find words adequate enough to express.
Doesn't this whole passage make you think of what Paul wrote in Philippians 2?
And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:8-11
(3) What might I learn about myself through today's reading? For me, it's what what Paul wrote when he began that paragraph in Philippians back in verse 5: "Your attitude, Beverly, should be the same as that of Christ Jesus." So, today, I must ask myself - am I truly willing to lay aside my "rights" and serve others humbly? Am I willing to march to the beat of someone else's drum if it blesses that person and honors God? Am I willing to lay aside my personal "to do" list to follow the plan of my Master Architect?
I love what Shannon Ethridge wrote (p. 23):
"If you desire a future beyond your wildest dreams, follow the Master Architect. He will pour a solid foundation of character into your life. He will construct many opportunities for you to feel intimately connected with Him. He will shelter you with His loving care. He will stretch you and help you become more than you ever thought you could be. Best of all, He has already built you a beautiful heavenly mansion, a place where you get to bask in His presence forever."
What about you, my sweet sisters?
(1) Are you following your Master Architect's plan for your salvation?
(2) What did your Master Architect show you about Himself in today's passage?
(3) What did your Master Architect show you about yourself in today's passage?
I love your comments! I can't help but wish more of you felt free to post but I'm trusting the Master Architect to unfold His blueprint for our sharing together.
1 comment:
1. I think I am following God's plan but I am having one of those days where I am not thrilled with the plan. My fallback if I feel like God is not dependable is money-not such dependable stuff.
2. What has gotten me through the hard times before is that my Architect is trustworthy with the plan because He has been faithful in the past and he truly has my best (spiritual) interests in mind, as well as the interest of the whole world.
3. I learn about myself that I am counted righteous-I just don't act on that truth often.
This was such a blessing for me today. Yesterday's is still really helping me today-how she wrote to look at the little things not as necessary evils, but to joyfully experience them as precious gifts from a loving God.
-Amber
Post a Comment