Saturday, December 8, 2012

BLESSED and HIGHLY FAVORED



Luke 1:28
“And having come in, the angel said to [Mary], ‘Rejoice, highly favored one; the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women.”

“Highly favored . . . the Lord is with you . . . blessed”  Hmmm. I wonder how different my life might be, Abba, if each morning when I opened my eyes, I said to myself, “The LORD is with me. I am blessed and highly favored.” Would I see myself and the day ahead in a different light?  I imagine myself in Mary’s place and can picture my natural negative self responding: “Highly favored? I’m just a poor daughter of a humble family. There’s nothing highly favored about me. Blessed among women? Hardly! I work hard from daylight to dark with little appreciation from anyone.”

Why is it so much easier to be negative, Father? Why do we women look at scriptures that tell us we are “fearfully and wonderfully made” and instead of falling to our knees to thank You for that awesome truth, we think sarcastically, “There’s nothing wonderful about this flabby bunch of cellulite, sagging skin, wrinkles and graying hair.”  Why is it so difficult for us to believe and truly grasp Your love for us, Lord? Oh, Father, forgive our critical SELF focus. Forgive us for listening to the world’s distortions about beauty and value and embracing them as truth. Forgive us for accepting the lies the enemy whispers in our ears. Forgive our unbelief! Help us see ourselves as who we are in You – blessed and highly favored.

I praise You, today, my precious Abba, for loving me so much that You sent Your One and Only Son to pay the penalty for my sin and purchase my salvation. I am blessed and highly favored to be Your child.

Thank You, precious Jesus, for taking on the cloak of flesh and showing us the glory of the Father. You came that I might have life – and have it more abundantly. I am blessed and highly favored because You have redeemed me.

Sweet Holy Spirit, You pour the love of Jesus into my heart and fill me with joy. You enable and empower me to live for Him. I am blessed and highly favored because You live within me.

You have promised, O God, to NEVER leave me nor forsake me. (Joshua 1:5) Even now when I am old and gray you sustain me and carry me. (Isaiah 46:4) I am blessed and highly favored.

You instruct me and teach me. You counsel me and watch over me. (Psalm 32:8) I am blessed and highly favored.

You are with me wherever I go. (Genesis 28:15) Nothing can separate me from Your love. (Romans 8:38-39) I am blessed and highly favored.

I call to You and You answer me and show me great and mighty things. You enlarge my understanding by Your revelation. (Jeremiah 33:3) I am blessed and highly favored.

You are my hiding place. You protect me from trouble and surround me with Your deliverance. (Psalm 32:7) I am blessed and highly favored.

You take great delight in me. In me, Lord. Amazing! You quiet me with Your love and rejoice over me with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17) I am blessed and highly favored.

You have me engraved in the palm of your hands. (Isaiah 49:16) All the days of my life were written in Your book before one of them even came to be. (Psalm 139:16) I am blessed and highly favored.

You have given me weapons that are mighty in You to pull down the enemy’s strongholds in my life. (2 Cor. 10:4) I am blessed and highly favored.

Father, You have taught me that the way I think will determine the way I act. (Prov. 23:7) My belief will determine my behavior. I want to walk in the victory Your Word promises me. I want the abundant life Jesus died to give me. Help me fill my mind with Your Word and Your Truth. Help me begin each day remembering that You are with me. BECAUSE You are with me and because of WHO You are, I am blessed and highly favored.

Jesus You are
  • my Advocate before the Father
  • my Burden bearer
  • my Counselor
  • my Deliverer
  • my Enabler and Encourager
  • my Friend who sticks closer than a brother
  • my Giver of every good and perfect gift
  • my Holiness
  • my Intercessor
  • my Justifier – my Joy
  • my King
  • my Lord – my Life – my Liberty
  • my Master
  • my Nail in a sure place
  • my Overcomer – my One heart’s desire
  • my Peace – my Portion
  • my Quieter of Storms
  • my Redeemer – my Restorer – my Refiner
  • my Savior – my Shelter – my Strong Tower
  • my Teacher
  • my Upholder
  • my Very present help in time of need
  • my Wisdom from on high
  • my eXample
  • my Yes and amen to the promises of God
  • my Zealous lover of my soul

 Oh, YES!! I am blessed and highly favored!


No comments: