For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven . . .
John 6:33
Thank You, my precious Abba, for sending Jesus down from heaven as bread to feed our hungry souls. Truly, "He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness." [Psalm 107:9]
I am reminded of how You provided manna as a "bread" that rained down from heaven for the Israelites when they were in the desert. You used it to teach them many truths about Yourself as their provider - about the freshness of Your daily touch - about the importance of continually depending upon You - about finding their satisfaction in You. Some of those lessons they learned - some they did not.
For me, Father, You have provided Jesus as the bread of heaven. Daily I come to the altar of Your presence and ask that You burn away the things that are not OF Him or LIKE Him. Daily I need the fresh touch of Your Spirit to fill my soul with His goodness, kindness, patience, love, joy, peace, faithfulness, gentleness; and, OMGoodness - self control!
Oh, Father, help me find my satisfaction in the bread of heaven! Too often, when I need affirmation, I turn to people instead of Jesus. Too often, when I need direction, I turn to the world's wisdom instead of Jesus. Too often, when I need comfort, I turn to food (particularly sweets) - how ridiculous is that? Oh, help me learn to turn first - and ALWAYS - to Jesus!
Oh, Lord Jesus, You are the bread who came down from heaven. You have the power to satisfy my every hunger. When I hunger for attention - for affirmation - for significance . . . let me find it in YOU! When I hunger for direction - for understanding - for wisdom - for revelation . . . let me find it in YOU! When I hunger for raw emotions to be comforted - when my mind is restless and undone - when I am struggling with a besetting temptation . . . let me run to YOU! Bread of Heaven - feed me 'til I want no more.
No comments:
Post a Comment