Monday, December 31, 2012

HEIR OF ALL THINGS

[God] has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds.
Hebrews 1:2

As your one and only son, Abba, certainly Jesus has the right of relationship to be Your heir. As the agent of creation, certainly He would have the creator's right to own that which He created. But, oh Abba - I love that scripture tells me You APPOINTED Him heir - Heir of ALL things!  One day, Father, we will see Him seated upon the throne with the emerald rainbow at His back, reigning and ruling for all eternity. What a glorious day that will be!

For today, however, we must live in this fallen world where Satan exerts the power of his dominion. We live here where he has "blinded" the minds of unbelievers so that they cannot see the light of the gospel (2 Cor. 4:4). Yesterday morning in church, Pastor David asked us to list ten people whose salvation we would seriously battle the forces of hell for in this coming year. What joy fills my heart, Abba, as I look down my list, because I know that Jesus died to purchase the salvation of each one of these who are special to me. They are already His purchased possession - a portion of His inheritance as the Heir of ALL Things. I can lift them before You, Father, knowing that by the authority of the name of Jesus, You will remove the blinders the enemy has placed over their understanding. You will rebuke the lies the spirit of religion has told them about Your church and Your people. You will send Your Holy Spirit to draw them with lovingkindness - to unveil TRUTH in their inmost parts. Nothing is impossible with You, my Father! Jesus, the Heir of All Things, will seek and save those who are lost.

Thank You, Abba, for the POWER of salvation found in Jesus. Thank You for His GIFT of salvation. For each person on this list, salvation is a free gift of Your grace - not something they could ever earn or deserve. Thank You for the precious blood of Jesus that was shed for the VICTORY of salvation. Thank You for the privilege of lifting each of these precious people before You. I pray that they will begin to hunger and thirst for You the way a deer pants for water. I pray that they will confess Jesus as their Savior and Lord and turn from their sins to trust in Him. I pray that they will fully surrender their will to His will. I pray that they will be willing to yield all they have and all they are to follow Jesus and grow in Him.

And, Father, I pray that You will use me as a faithful witness of Your truth. Help me be persistent in prayer on their behalf until the enemy releases that which he has stolen. Help me speak Your Word in the right way at the right time so that it may fall as apples of gold on the ears of the hearers. Thank You for Your assurance that Your word never returns void but accomplishes that which You send it out to do.

Thank You for appointing Jesus Heir of All Things and for making us co-heirs with Him (Romans 8:16-17).

No comments: