Saturday, December 29, 2012

RESURRECTION POWER

But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.  
Romans 8:11

I praise you this morning, dear Abba, for the awesome unity of Your trinity. You decreed the resurrection of Jesus when mankind thought they had ended His life and the Holy Spirit did the work of raising Him from the dead. All three persons of Your trinity were working in perfect unity in the resurrection. It has always been so - from the beginning when You created a cosmos out of chaos, the Spirit was there hovering over the face of the deep ready to exert the power You decreed as Jesus, the Logos, spoke it into being. Oh how truly incomprehensible You are to my poor finite mind!

I am in awe of the power of Your Holy Spirit, Abba. So many years ago, when I was just an 8 year old child, He drew me to You with cords of lovingkindness and opened my understanding to my personal need of a Savior. He convicted me of sin. I remember feeling as if ALL the sin Jesus had died for was mine alone. Jesus saved me and You forgave my sins on the basis of His blood. He has been my salvation since my youth and I still don't comprehend the full scope of my salvation. But this I know . . .
You are my hope, O Lord God;
You are my trust from my youth.
My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness
And Your salvation all the day,
For I do not know their limits.
Psalm 71:5, 15

The power of the Holy Spirit - Resurrection power - That divine power indwells me today, Abba. The power of the Holy Spirit is alive and available in me to enable me to live a life that is pleasing to You. He empowers me with victory over temptation. He spiritually seats me with Christ in glory. Oh, Abba! How far below that potential I live most of my life! Forgive me. Fill me with Your Spirit today. Allow Him to pour Your love into my heart. Open my eyes to those around me who need a touch from You and let me love them and serve them in Your name.

No comments: